• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E2X2 firmware issue, juse me?

LIΟN

I just got the delivery, opened the box and connected it to the computer right away. Of course, I installed drivers and programs.
However, from the first loading screen, these firmware-related notifications pop up.

111.png

And I pressed Update on that, but it's an infinite iteration. Only that screen keeps coming up. OMG :eek:

222.png

So I disconnected the Internet and tried to move on without updating the firmware, but now I have an unknown Chinese language. (installed in English)....................

omg. Has anyone been through this?

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

aa.png

Never mind. I tried Uninstall - Reboot - Install - Reboot - Uninstall - Reboot - Install. .. and work.
I don't know why that work. -_-

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

How is the E2X2 otherwise?
How does it sound?
Sorry I dont understood. What you mean "Sounds"?
Are you asking if this works normally? Or do you mean the sound of a speaker or headphone connected to this?

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

The latter
Oh i got it now. I've been using the Topping L70 amp for my headphones before and the output is smaller than that. (This is a natural outcome. And the output wasn't that important because I bought an audio interface for recording my ear microphone.)
And the sound is normal. There is no problem. I think e2x2 is doing its part very faithfully and it's good in that regard because I don't prefer to have problems or characteristics in Dac or Amp. Also Spekaer connet is normal sound. No issue No proble at all.

Last edited:
OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Nice one. :cool:

JSmith
:) Different people may have different views I think about it. But Jut "my personal idea" is normal, and if there's no issue or no shfiting or no problem, I think it's the device doing its job 100%. And that's just the base for good sound. I don't think it's more or less.

ppataki

Major Contributor
Oh i got it now. I've been using the Topping L70 amp for my headphones before and the output is smaller than that. (This is a natural outcome. And the output wasn't that important because I bought an audio interface for recording my ear microphone.)
And the sound is normal. There is no problem. I think e2x2 is doing its part very faithfully and it's good in that regard because I don't prefer to have problems or characteristics in Dac or Amp. Also Spekaer connet is normal sound. No issue No proble at all.
That is great news!
I hope Topping will release multichannel devices as well in the very near future
FWIW I have sent them a note that it would be awesome if they could also come up with a multichannel DDC (to compete with RME Digiface and MiniDSP U-DIO8)

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

That is great news!
I hope Topping will release multichannel devices as well in the very near future
FWIW I have sent them a note that it would be awesome if they could also come up with a multichannel DDC (to compete with RME Digiface and MiniDSP U-DIO8)
I don't know where I read it but I think I read that 4x4 (4ch?) is coming out in late October and 8x8 (8ch?) is coming out in December.
I'm really looking forward to the possibility of toppings in the future.

NicS

I just got the delivery, opened the box and connected it to the computer right away. Of course, I installed drivers and programs.
However, from the first loading screen, these firmware-related notifications pop up.

View attachment 322937

And I pressed Update on that, but it's an infinite iteration. Only that screen keeps coming up. OMG :eek:

View attachment 322938

So I disconnected the Internet and tried to move on without updating the firmware, but now I have an unknown Chinese language. (installed in English)....................

View attachment 322937

View attachment 322938

Hey. A friend of mine just bought an E2x2 on my recommendation, and that of Amir’s by proxy.

He was prompted to update the firmware which has apparently bricked the unit. I couldn’t see any way to do a “factory reset” and get back to the original firmware, And from the updater, it seems that the firmware update from 1.00 to 1.10 was unsuccessful.

Given your experience, can you shed any light on this?

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Hey. A friend of mine just bought an E2x2 on my recommendation, and that of Amir’s by proxy.

He was prompted to update the firmware which has apparently bricked the unit. I couldn’t see any way to do a “factory reset” and get back to the original firmware, And from the updater, it seems that the firmware update from 1.00 to 1.10 was unsuccessful.

Given your experience, can you shed any light on this?
i don't remember excactly what i did.
I think you should uninstall about topping programs, driver things. And reboot. try install them.
I remember that the software was a bit unstable...

NicS

Thanks for the advice. Which was followed and successful. The instructions for firmware update were a bit misleading. Maybe just badly written. All resolved now.

OP
LIΟN

LIΟN

Thanks for the advice. Which was followed and successful. The instructions for firmware update were a bit misleading. Maybe just badly written. All resolved now.
I'm glad that your problem has been solved.
I hope you only have a good experience with e2x2.
I was mostly happy with the hardware performance of the device as well, but I was so upset with the software that I broke it after finishing the messurement I had planned. (Of course, I'm regretting it now. I like to have at least one audio interface to use, but I didn't think much about it.)

bbgma1234

Curious: does the E 2x2 ship with drivers on a disc? Was looking on their site for driver info. Always curious whether they stop at Win10 or go back to Win7 like other drivers. Looks like a 1x2 and 4x4 are next!

Last edited:

NicS

Both myself and my buddy who use this unit are both part of that grubby Apple cult you might have have heard of. Windows is somehting I only open when it's not raining outside.

Top Bottom