• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

grizaudio

I run a purpose built Win10 on a fan-less, open bench rig. It's pretty old but it's dead stable.
Does the Topping DM7 switch sampling rates quickly? Any idea how long switches take? I.e. in a second, two.
I believe the DM7 will operate perfectly fine under Linux, do you have any experience with the DM7 using Linux?

The Motu takes about 4 seconds in linux. Hoping to improve this time.

OP
D

dartinbout

I run frequent, mixed sample rate, playlist shuffles, with a large buffer, and no noticeable lag between tracks. Whatever it is, it's much shorter then 4 seconds. I'm a windoze guy for my HTPC.

OP
D

dartinbout

Because of the comments from the engineer behind this in the other thread, and because I use this for 4 subs, I bought this guy which has given me a lot of peace if mind since all my subs are rca:

This may be overkill but it is also cheaper than replacing even one speaker and it works as intended.
What the heck did this Bi-S___L Octopi of a beast cost yah? If I had that many Subs, it would be probably worth it but I don't need the bombast that many transducers, that are all probably bigger then my head, would create. I've got one 15" sub woofer that has played well with the DM7 so far.

Mowz

What the heck did this Bi-S___L Octopi of a beast cost yah? If I had that many Subs, it would be probably worth it but I don't need the bombast that many transducers, that are all probably bigger then my head, would create. I've got one 15" sub woofer that has played well with the DM7 so far.
369 plus shipping, which is less than a lot of the proposed options in the dm7 review thread, but yeah if you just turn things on and off right you probably don't need this fugly box on your shelf

OP
D

dartinbout

But if I always powered cycle the sub correctly, I'd miss the frisson of thinking somebody was firing a muffled hand gun at my heado_O

Top Bottom