• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D50 - Not working on Win10!

Tim F

Hey all,

I wonder if you can help? I have a D50, this is powered and is working properly using optical from my Windows 10 desktop computer. The USB device is not recognised. The error in control panel > Devices and Printers ... reads Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I have tried installing the V4.86 latest driver. As per the instructions this should detect the D50 but in my case it does not.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Tim

ryohnosuke

Try with another computer. If still failing maybe is a hardware failure.

By default it must work with generic windows drivers. Installing their proper driver will use ASIO drivers instead windows.

sailor2005

Have you updated Windows 10 recently? Sometimes the updates break things in the system. Check also if you have to update motherboard/chipset drivers. Maybe have to update USB controller drivers.

OP
T

Tim F

So I have another Windows 10 machine, this one is a clean build. USB device not recognised error on connection. Installed the Topping drivers, USB device still not recognised. Tried to link directly to the Topping drivers to force install and it says "doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device".

Topping software installed says No devices connected.

Any further ideas?

adamch

Hey all,

I wonder if you can help? I have a D50, this is powered and is working properly using optical from my Windows 10 desktop computer. The USB device is not recognised. The error in control panel > Devices and Printers ... reads Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I have tried installing the V4.86 latest driver. As per the instructions this should detect the D50 but in my case it does not.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Tim
I have an older model D50 and tried everything then tried something like a reset by holding the start button for10 seconds while the panel says TOPPING then the USB worked fine - hallelujah

Top Bottom