• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Pulkass

Can t play dsd files, or better, it plays them, but at 44khz. And the device capability reaches only 96 khz. Installed topping 5.30 (newer) driver !!!! Dac topping d30 pro.

Attachments

• IMG_20220405_082536_864.jpg
    IMG_20220405_082536_864.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220405_082623_514.jpg
    IMG_20220405_082623_514.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 71

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can t play dsd files, or better, it plays them, but at 44khz. And the device capability reaches only 96 khz. Installed topping 5.30 (newer) driver !!!! Dac topping d30 pro.
I'm going to be as nice as possible but...

Please don't expect other people to just guess what the problem might be, if there is one in the first place, before you did your own research and problem solving.

You can (re)install different Topping drivers all day long but I can tell you now that this is almost certainly not where the problem lies.

That you post a screenshot of the Windows sound properties window also tell me that you don't really know and/or understand what or where the problem might be with DSD playback on your system. As again the problem is almost certainly not going to be solved in the Windows sound properties window.

So please do you own research first. Look up and follow some guides on how to set it up, follow instructions as included in the driver package for example. Then if it still doesn't work explain to us which steps you have followed and all relevant settings. That way other people will be to help you much better. This will work much better then you just posting "It doesn't work!!!!!"

I'm not going to post possible solutions as you have pretty much give nothing to go on so it will be just a random shot in the dark. Guessing by the irrelevant screenshots right now you don't fully know and/or understand how it should work where the issue(s) might be.

I will give you one big tip though; 95% of the magic sauce to get this to work can be found in the playback module(s) and/or settings of your media-player of choice.

Pulkass

Thanks. The first minutes of dac connection to the PC, it showed up to 7.. (?) khz upsampling . Today an expert will connect via Any Desk to my PC. I will keep posted. The Topping driver 5.30 ( latest) does not show upsampling above 96 khz. Yes l m dumb ....but.

Pulkass

I'm going to be as nice as possible but...

Please don't expect other people to just guess what the problem might be, if there is one in the first place, before you did your own research and problem solving.

You can (re)install different Topping drivers all day long but I can tell you now that this is almost certainly not where the problem lies.

That you post a screenshot of the Windows sound properties window also tell me that you don't really know and/or understand what or where the problem might be with DSD playback on your system. As again the problem is almost certainly not going to be solved in the Windows sound properties window.

So please do you own research first. Look up and follow some guides on how to set it up, follow instructions as included in the driver package for example. Then if it still doesn't work explain to us which steps you have followed and all relevant settings. That way other people will be to help you much better. This will work much better then you just posting "It doesn't work!!!!!"

I'm not going to post possible solutions as you have pretty much give nothing to go on so it will be just a random shot in the dark. Guessing by the irrelevant screenshots right now you don't fully know and/or understand how it should work where the issue(s) might be.

I will give you one big tip though; 95% of the magic sauce to get this to work can be found in the playback module(s) and/or settings of your media-player of choice.
Thanks. I thought it was easier. Even Topping states that Asio installing is very complicated, infact they suggest to just connect the DAac a

Pulkass

We are talking of two different things anyway. DSD playing ( Foobar and settings- l have followed all the net suggestions to no avail) and Topping dac d30pro upsampling capabilities.

Pulkass

Yes , FOOBAR has been set up correctly via Any Desk, it can play DSD files, lots of plug ins though , the Topping driver was set correctly.

alekksander

Yes , FOOBAR has been set up correctly via Any Desk, it can play DSD files, lots of plug ins though , the Topping driver

To reduce post flood You can edit Your posts instead of creating new ones ;)

abhishek

Hello
I'm new to this thread
I have a30 pro and hifiman arya
Confused which one to buy,D10 balanced or D30 pro for normal laptop musicbee player.
Is there significant sound difference between both unit?
Does spending more on d30 pro gives any large sound difference or what.

Pulkass

Bought the D30 pro twice, great sound but limited DSD playing capabilities, and not playing CD out coax or optical. I sent back both.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello
I'm new to this thread
I have a30 pro and hifiman arya
Confused which one to buy,D10 balanced or D30 pro for normal laptop musicbee player.
Is there significant sound difference between both unit?
Does spending more on d30 pro gives any large sound difference or what.
No. Features, convenience, and matching style.

abhishek

What about dc in audio?
When i play recordings having DC source the a30 pro shut off and on at peak volume with my dc powered fiio k3 usb dac.
Will a30 pro goes to DC protection when paired with D10 balanced same as my fiio k3 since d10 balanced also dc powered.?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about dc in audio?
When i play recordings having DC source the a30 pro shut off and on at peak volume with my dc powered fiio k3 usb dac.
Will a30 pro goes to DC protection when paired with D10 balanced same as my fiio k3 since d10 balanced also dc powered.?
I’m quite amazed you can listen to it at a volume where the protection kicks in.

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Bought the D30 pro twice, great sound but limited DSD playing capabilities, and not playing CD out coax or optical. I sent back both.
Hmmm. This is the one I thought I wanted … for tv and DVD/CD player I intended to use toslink. :(

SCG

Switched amps from PA5 to VTV Purifi due to the noise issues some users were having with the PA5 and missed the physical volume control so upgrade DAC from E50 to D30 Pro.

Signal chain is ASUS MB >> D30 Pro >> VTV and all sounds great with no optical syn issues. All CDs are ripped to SSD so no need to connect CD/Blu-ray directly to anything via optical out, for movies use HDMI to mulit-channel home theater.

Now have both physical & remote volume control again and all sounds so sweet!

20130814_044935.jpg

Last edited:

Hamrin

Hi there, I've solved the "SPDIF In" thing.
Now every CD transport I own works fine.

The problem is not on the electronic side of the transport, but I think it deals with the "mechanical" jitter because there are "drops" and "skips" and not "spikes" or "pops" (at least in my case).
CD players use to store data (buffering) before sending to the internal DAC, but they do not with SPDIF out (almost no transport fixes before output no matter the quality or price...). This happens for sure with digital transports and this is the reason why streamers, laptops and other digital transports work fine (even the super cheap WiiM).

Placing an upsampling interface (with a decent buffering) between CD's SPDIF out and Topping's SPDIF in wipes dropouts off.
Also... The Coax in sounds terrific.

Last edited:

SCG

Hi there, I've solved the "SPDIF In" thing. Now every CD transport I own works fine. Placing an upsampling interface (with a decent buffering) between CD's SPDIF out and Topping's SPDIF in wipes dropouts off.
Can you include a link of the upsampling interface with a decent buffering that you use so people can get an ideal of the specs?

Top Bottom