• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

cany89

what measurement will accurately tell me how well bass below 200 hz will integrate in my room.
You can buy a calibrated measurement mic (like umik-1) and run the simplest test possible to get an in-room response of your speakers. It will tell you exactly how well bass is below 200 Hz will integrate and more. (Although I believe you are talking about anechoic chamber measurements, I still wanted to write this)

Hifi tech jumped in - let's say in the last 10 years - so much that old chaps just couldn't keep up and still want to sell and use old tech for a hefty price.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can buy a calibrated measurement mic (like umik-1) and run the simplest test possible to get an in-room response of your speakers.
Silly. You just have to have golden ears and listen to a speaker made by the same manufacturer at the store or someone else's house.

Top Bottom