• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This is going to be a great bit of kit.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I plugged six of these into my existing set up. My wife, currently vacationing with her good friend Steve, called me straight away to tell me she had felt the disturbance in the force. Steve could be heard in the background getting really into it.

Its that good! More real, more THERE!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm gonna vote for Bernie, and see if I can't get one for free.

dmance

Forum Donor
I plugged six of these into my existing set up. My wife, currently vacationing with her good friend Steve, called me straight away to tell me she had felt the disturbance in the force. Steve could be heard in the background getting really into it.

Its that good! More real, more THERE!

There is indeed a tremendous underappreciation of the effects of RF/EM noise on a DAC. I may be the only person who has followed the evidence from my Chord TT2: what my ears were telling me and what my pragmatic engineering background was saying was/was-not happening. RF noise is at the heart of so much that needs to be dealt with. I formed audiowise to bring this recognition to the masses. Inside a DAC, at the final analog output, where bits become volts, its the ground and reference voltage that matters and the precise timing of the samples to an output analog waveform. And its here that even the smallest amount of RF noise manifests itself. As RF is reduced, the transparency gets better. Shockingly so.

So, @Jimbob54, your reply just does damage, IMO, to a continued honest dialog. Are you being funny? or are you perpetuating the meme that any and all non-mainstream ideas are ripe for ridicule? You are a Senior Member too.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I may be the only person who has followed the evidence from my Chord TT2

Who else would be following the evidence from your Chord?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is indeed a tremendous underappreciation of the effects of RF/EM noise on a DAC. I may be the only person who has followed the evidence from my Chord TT2: what my ears were telling me and what my pragmatic engineering background was saying was/was-not happening. RF noise is at the heart of so much that needs to be dealt with. I formed audiowise to bring this recognition to the masses. Inside a DAC, at the final analog output, where bits become volts, its the ground and reference voltage that matters and the precise timing of the samples to an output analog waveform. And its here that even the smallest amount of RF noise manifests itself. As RF is reduced, the transparency gets better. Shockingly so.

So, @Jimbob54, your reply just does damage, IMO, to a continued honest dialog. Are you being funny? or are you perpetuating the meme that any and all non-mainstream ideas are ripe for ridicule? You are a Senior Member too.
1. You know senior member just means I've either said too much or been here longer than many would consider healthy? I have zero competency.
2. Was I being funny? Clearly not as funny as I would have liked. Got very little of the attention I so dearly crave.
3. Got any measurements? Not that I'd understand them, but others might.

dmance

Forum Donor
Who else would be following the evidence from your Chord?
You mean like sneaking into my lab and taking their own measurements? Or are you also being funny. I am desperate to engage in a dialog with somebody who expresses a modicum of interest in the subject of RF noise.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I would genuinely like to see some ‘before and after’ measurements taken at the DACs output.
Keith

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean like sneaking into my lab and taking their own measurements? Or are you also being funny. I am desperate to engage in a dialog with somebody who expresses a modicum of interest in the subject of RF noise.

I suspect you are actually desperate to publicise your product. A cynic would say its the audiophile equivalent of an aluminium foil hat. That only professes to work on already very expensive hifi kit.

I'm not such a cynic. I'm sure you have measurements.

Top Bottom