• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Things that are Just Wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 28849
  • Start date

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^That's just....wrong? Beyond wrong.

I could live without it, I suppose. :confused: I must check whether they have it in India.

Katji

Major Contributor
...Yes...

1624280319395.png

And... :facepalm:

1624280465655.png

tomtoo

Major Contributor
"...However, as a Kid, my mum made me hot beer soup for diner... that is very wrong. :eek:
Don't do that to your kids.
:)..."

With honey, couse you felt sick.
Not that i would say this was less wrong. But at least she tryed to make you feel better,

CMB

"...However, as a Kid, my mum made me hot beer soup for diner... that is very wrong. :eek:
Don't do that to your kids.
:)..."
With honey, couse you felt sick.
Not that i would say this was less wrong. But at least she tryed to make you feel better,

It had a good "side-effect" tough : I could not stand the smell of beer for a very long time, at least until my 16 (she might have forgotten the honey ;-)). but it's all fine now :)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Man even as a German i say Gazpaco and Iced koffee with vanilla icecream are great inventions. We Germans should have done it. Ok at least we where partly involved with great inventions like spaghetti ice and döner.
Makes the pain a litle bit less. ;)

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I think you'll find there is a difference between a Lager Beer (which everyone prefers chilled) and pretty much every other type of beer (IPA, Stout, Ale etc etc) which are typically considered more palatable at room temperature.
Yeah it's malt liquor

Attachments

• __opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__drinks.seriouseats.com__im...jpg
    __opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__drinks.seriouseats.com__im...jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 99

tomtoo

Major Contributor
In Denmark we have Øllebrød - 'beerbread soup' - which is basically hot (low alcohol) beer mixed with your old rye bread crusts. Actually it's delicious served with whipped cream. Yummy!

Never was in denmark, so i was qurious about food in denmark. Quick search didnt show much differences to german food? Ok, becks beer would need a líttel bit of transition, but with the rest of the food i think i could live perfectly. ;)

Katji

Major Contributor
:D This is all more wrong than where it started, with ice coffee. :D

Denmark, and yes, now I am curious. Fish and cheese? :D I guess.
But beer..bread soup? Why? Cheese and milk, on bread, perfect. ...I mean, like cheese sauce, but more liquid.

But at least I learned something... German has the word lekker, just different spelling.
And eiskaffee... :) I wondered why then eisbein, and google said "literally ice bone." :) .... :D There was that day when we all went from the office to have eisbein for lunch.

Reactions: CMB

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
“Warm” beer.

well ... it’s not actually warm, rather around 49 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

Actually there is mulled beer/ale which is served heated up to about 104 degrees F. It's often served with some fruit syrup and spices such as cloves. It's a winter warmup drink. :)

Top Bottom