• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Things that are Just Wrong

• Thread starter Deleted member 28849
  • Start date

norcalscott

Forum Donor
In Dutch we could call it "slootwater" (ditch water).

I'm no fan of Budweiser, but to be honest, I don't see too much difference between that and Heineken :oops:

As an aside, there are some fantastic Dutch micro-brews. This is one of the best Dutch beers I have had in the Netherlands:
beer.jpg

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
Quick search didnt show much differences to german food?
Yes, historically Danish culture was very much influenced by german culture, inluding similar foods - lots of pork, dairy products and beer. But since the middle of the last century it has, like everywhere else, been more influenced by Anglo/American culture.

Semla

You're thinking of surströmming.
Lutefisk and surströmming are both disturbing, for the longest time after moving to Sweden I suspected they were a prank played on foreigners. People actually seem to enjoy lutefisk at Christmas dinners :eek:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I'm no fan of Budweiser, but to be honest, I don't see too much difference between that and Heineken :oops:

As an aside, there are some fantastic Dutch micro-brews. This is one of the best Dutch beers I have had in the Netherlands:
View attachment 136823
Heineken has some taste, but its not great. I only drink heavy blonde beers and some white beers if its very hot. I recognize that brand by the way, I really like this one:

https://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/ijwit-brouwerij-t-ij/

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never was in denmark, so i was qurious about food in denmark. Quick search didnt show much differences to german food? Ok, becks beer would need a líttel bit of transition, but with the rest of the food i think i could live perfectly. ;)
The last time I was in Denmark (it's been 30 years, probably), the food there was no different than in any American city--any type you wanted. Copenhagen isn't the place to sample Danish food, perhaps. The kitchen table out in the countryside would be a better sampling, I suspect.

I did enjoy a dish of ice cream with a cuppa on the sunny side of the Nyhavn Canal at 10 PM at midsummer. But the scenery (of the two-legged kind--long pairs of legs it must be observed) banished the taste of the food from my memory.

(Before Covid I had a Doener at least every couple of weeks when meeting church friends for a bit of Stammtisch at a German bistro near me, washed down with Kostritzer or Veltins, or maybe Dinkel Acker, depending on mood and availability.)

Rick "lovely city--I'd go back any time" Denney

Top Bottom