• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 281 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Katzz

Kind of agree. But by the same.personal standard no one should own an Apple product. Steve Jobs is documented as part psycho and most definitely litigious trigger happy.

I don't respect the fact some.people.take hohum reviews personally, but clearly it happens. It mesmerizes me this dude takes a review against an old speaker that seems discontinued. and doesn't represent his current vision that personally.

It's all bizarre. Measurement wise these speakers are not the worst ever measured. People see that. But the reaction of the company will make people unsee.it.

And I'd rather see a review of their more premium designs. But now I am no longer interested ... and thats because of the insecurities of the Tekton lead, which reflect poorly on his confidence in his premium designs.
The diferences from apple is that you can call tekton and gr research a "One man company" and that they are a much smaller companies, so the probability of the behavior from the owner leaking to customer services its greater. We can find some comments from people purchasing something from those brands explaining their experience when they find something bad in their speakers and they establish comunication with the company, the response that they receive is really similar on how the owners tipically respond to some form of criticims or complaing in other places

Last edited:

JimBean

I don't see that happening. There is too much to protect including the *technology* and designs. Not sure if this is too off topic but do all those tweeters bunched up and used actually help or is it detrimental?
I'm not sure if it actually helps, but my friend has a pair of Tekton speakers with a smaller array (can't remember which speaker model), and I personally think they sound pretty good. He bought them used about 5 years ago, and he seems to enjoy them.

Personally I think the reaction of Eric Alexander to these reviews is petty and kind of sad. Either you stand behind your speakers as they are, or if they are flawed, work on ways to fix that. Or just say they're designed for that sort of sound, and don't pay attention to negative reviews.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reykjavik, Iceland, 2021
DSC_0169.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

paulgyro

So there is a Facebook group called Tekton Design Speakers Worldwide, Eric Alexander is an admin in that group.

Look what he does, he bans people from that group when they say anything that is not a praise or in the defense of him or his company.

This Facebook user said: "Any speaker designer that doesn't welcome evidence has something to hide or isn't a real engineer." Then he was subsequently banned from the group, presumably by Eric Alexander.
View attachment 361661
That was me. I left the group so I assume that's why I'm shown like that. I want nothing to do with Tekton moving forward.

And if the Tekton leader gets out of his nonsensical and atavistic attack mode, he will realize several of us here questioned why he'd ever stake his reputation on ancient, cheap speakers that don't seem to reflect what seem to be -and now I am unsure- Tektons more differentiating design principles these days.
In my anecdotes/personal experiences such people do not change and they n-tuple down on the most questionable of decisions

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And if the Tekton leader gets out of his nonsensical and atavistic attack mode, he will realize several of us here questioned why he'd ever stake his reputation on ancient, cheap speakers that don't seem to reflect what seem to be -and now I am unsure- Tektons more differentiating design principles these days.
I'm assuming if there is logic at play here it's precisely to avoid seeing one of the multi tweeter array models measured on an NFS.

Theta

I'm assuming if there is logic at play here it's precisely to avoid seeing one of the multi tweeter array models measured on an NFS.
I am sorry to be the bad guy here and at the risk of being boood and banded and although I don't approuve of Erick Alexander aggressive attitude, I feel obliged to speak up on behalf of his products many of which are exellent and priced very fairly also recipiant of many awards. If his speakers with tweeter array, which is actualy a mid range array are tested here they will do very poorly with this forum's test methods. The rigid point source people say it's mudled garbage while proponents of line source will produce white papers to the contrary. One must remenber that this is a US company and not some cheap chinese imports, jobs and reputation are at stake. This riff wont happen with electronic testing because everyone knows the amplifier problem was solved years ago, but as I said earlier, speakers are a different annimal.

Tell

I am sorry to be the bad guy here and at the risk of being boood and banded and although I don't approuve of Erick Alexander aggressive attitude, I feel obliged to speak up on behalf of his products many of which are exellent and priced very fairly also recipiant of many awards. If his speakers with tweeter array, which is actualy a mid range array are tested here they will do very poorly with this forum's test methods. The rigid point source people say it's mudled garbage while proponents of line source will produce white papers to the contrary. One must remenber that this is a US company and not some cheap chinese imports, jobs and reputation are at stake. This riff wont happen with electronic testing because everyone knows the amplifier problem was solved years ago, but as I said earlier, speakers are a different annimal.
Well yeah the speakers might be good (except for the obviously bad design of drilling up holes into the cabinet where you have to screw in the feet to seal up), but that's not really the point here, it's Tektons way of handling the situation (and apparently previous ones as well) that is the big problem.

mglobe

Forum Donor
Well yeah the speakers might be good (except for the obviously bad design of drilling up holes into the cabinet where you have to screw in the feet to seal up), but that's not really the point here, it's Tektons way of handling the situation (and apparently previous ones as well) that is the big problem.
This

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
there seemed to be a short time where this company seemed to be the darling of the internet set... you know who they are... and it seemed they were getting uniformly unsually good reviews

and yet it seems it was all a mirage... and with the owners' response you truly see them for what they are

like with this how can you trust a company like this? as long as this guy is at the helm you know its big time 'caveat emptor'

teched58

Why does anyone think that Eric will stop harrassing Erin when Erin's revised review is up?

If there's even the MILDEST thing in the new review that Eric doesn't like, he's gonna go apespit again.

Erin's only move to get Eric to stop threatening litigation is either to pull his punches and write a 100% over the top positive review. Or to NOT review them at all. Don't get Tekton any more air, That's what I would do

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't care if they were the best measuring speaker on the planet I wouldn't have one of these monstrosities in my house. I've seen some pretty ugly speakers in my day but these things define the word. The guy building them seems to be a nut as well.

paulgyro

Speaking specifically of the technical attributes of a tweeter array. Yes it can work. Key case in point are M&K speakers and monitor audios newest flagship speaker. With m&K it can control the vertical dispersion. With monitor audio it essentially coupled as a mid-range coaxial design.

paulgyro

Why does anyone think that Eric will stop harrassing Erin when Erin's revised review is up?

If there's even the MILDEST thing in the new review that Eric doesn't like, he's gonna go apespit again.

Erin's only move to get Eric to stop threatening litigation is either to pull his punches and write a 100% over the top positive review. Or to NOT review them at all. Don't get Tekton any more air, That's what I would do
Seeing I have seen Eric's emails to Erin, this is close to the demands Eric laid out.

Eric Alexander

Audio Company
The FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.

Ninjastar

Bro, why do you even care how they measure here on this site?

People that visit this site are generally not interested in speakers that don't measure with flat frequency responses, and my understanding is your goal is not to design that way anyways.

So why do you care? Why pull the speaker from your website?

The members of this forum are not your intended audience.

Erici

Forum Donor
The FACTS are Amir didn't measure the loudspeaker correctly and placed the loudspeaker in a false light.
Hi Eric,

I looked at all of your posted replies and I didn't see any description how you think Amir should have measured your speaker. I must have missed it. Could you explain your position in more detail please?

Top Bottom