• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS SB 1000 Pro vs SVS SB 2000 non-Pro

OP
M

marX

The DDRC24 is a good choice for the price range. DIRAC is not too hard to use, gives good results.

Another option is the minidsp 2x4HD, which is the same hardware without the DIRAC license. You would need to devise the filters on your own with REW. Not automated, a lot more work for the beginner.

There are many threads on using the DDRC24 and DIRAC on ASR.
What if there like time differences like this SVS SB 1000 uses a lot of DSP and likely have a delay associated with it.
Do you think it's possible to do in the minidsp hd?

The price difference between the two is incredible btw.

radix

Major Contributor
What if there like time differences like this SVS SB 1000 uses a lot of DSP and likely have a delay associated with it.
Do you think it's possible to do in the minidsp hd?

The price difference between the two is incredible btw.
The 2x4HD and DDRC24 both can manage unequal delay. They can delay any of the 4 channels independently.

If you were to have L & R speakers, then sub 1 and sub 2, the minidsp can align them all. It has a max delay, I believe, of 80 msec, which is a long time.

The number I've seen for SVS subs is 6 msec of processing delay, regardless if you use the DSP features or not. If you use the SoundPath wireless transmitter, that adds another 25 msec or so. (the spec is 25 msec, it was measured at 25.2 msec https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...path-dynasty-proaudio-ifinity-wireless.30216/)

6 msec is not hard to correct in the minidsp.

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
I have 2 SB2000 classics. With DSP correction, you can make any modern pop music have chest slam. My room isn't particularly large but it's open to the entire home. I'm changing to 4 PB1000, but it's not because I can't make music have chest slam. As long as you have a way to get youur bass dialed in.

OP
M

marX

Here is the REW sweep with 1/12 smoothing with the following conditions:

Topping dac:
Fosi Audio v3 - 12 o clock volume knob 1/4th position
SVS Sub -37db
SVS Sub low pass filter - 70hz with 12 db slot

Attachments

• default listening pos and sub pos.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-11-02 144627.jpg