• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer / TV stand

Birdy

I wanted a subwoofer to complement my floor standing 3 way speakers. Maybe this design helps people to think out of the box and design a subwoofer that does not look like a subwoofer but more of a TV stand. It’s a 3.2 m. 160 L. transmission line tuned at 30 Hz with four 6.5 inch bass drivers. The crossover is at 40Hz / 12 dB.
TV.jpg
subwoofer maximum.jpg
TL line 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Birdy

Birdy

I wanted a subwoofer to complement my floor standing 3 way speakers. Maybe this design helps people to think out of the box and design a subwoofer that does not look like a subwoofer but more of a TV stand. It’s a 3.2 m. 160 L. transmission line tuned at 30 Hz with four 6.5 inch bass drivers. The crossover is at 40Hz / 12 dB. View attachment 300799View attachment 300801View attachment 300807
TL line with this room filling easy going bass without compression or boomyness what so ever and it play's deep. Below 30 Hz it drops but still porduces a good 25 Hz bass without DSP.

Top Bottom