• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

State of the art digital setup

renan33

Yes it would be interesting who is the master clock in the setting RME Digiface/2 D50 dacs. If it's the digiface or the Dacs.

So from the proposed solutions:
RME digiface (370$) need a computer with windows or MacOS and no possibility for linux.
SHD Studio miniDsp (900$) once programmed is a standalone solution. So certainly more stable than a windows pc.

I'm just wondering if we can implement our own convolution filters in the MiniDsp solution or if it is limited to Dirac.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm just wondering if we can implement our own convolution filters in the MiniDsp solution or if it is limited to Dirac.

In the case of the OpenDRC series, if the Dirac option is chosen, that precludes the use of other filters. The device gets different firmware. That's a reason I didn't go for Dirac when i bought mine. I wanted to experiment.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Yes it would be interesting who is the master clock in the setting RME Digiface/2 D50 dacs. If it's the digiface or the Dacs.

So from the proposed solutions:
RME digiface (370$) need a computer with windows or MacOS and no possibility for linux.
SHD Studio miniDsp (900$) once programmed is a standalone solution. So certainly more stable than a windows pc.

"miniDSP DSP Processing:
Volume, Parametric Equalizer banks, Crossovers, Matrix mixer, Compressor/Limiter, Mute"

Top Bottom