• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Squeezebox (streamer) replacement?

guy48065

I'm also old enough to have spent (way too much) time sitting at a keypunch machine, then later (way too much) time spent watching for my batch to fail on one stupid typo, then (way too much) time spent flipping thru the stack trying to find which card had the mis-type. Fortunately this was all in school so at least I didn't have to deal with this 8+ hours a day at a job.
Yeah...nightmares.

guy48065

Thanks for sharing! My SB Touch, one of the first delivered, is still running well on its original PSU wart. Only the paint of the RC became nasty sticky. Runs now with an external Topping E30-IIs Dac. Sounds a lot cleaner than the internal SB DAC.
And thank YOU for this. I have a Topping E30 in my main (vintage) stereo as a work-around for DVD players without analog out. I should do a quick toslink swap to my Classic to find out if I can hear an improvement.

Henry Hudson

Interesting how many responses this subject got right away.

I am still totally happy with the Squeeze ecosystem. The software has support and keeps getting upgrades. Spotify keeps messing with their API, so that fact it still works reliably over 15 years after the fact is a testament to the longevity of the system.

By far, the most common cause is that the power bricks fail. Buy a new one for $4.99 and you're back in business. I used to live in a large place and had like 7 set up, between Touch and Classic and Boombox... and they are all still going strong, albeit mostly with new power supplies.

I use a Touch in my main system, but purely as a streamer - the DAC functionality is handled externally.
Can you shut down LMS using a phone app?

Top Bottom