• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers for a 45 square meters L shaped room

Tatalor51

Hello,

Kinda new at this so I could really use some advice. I have a pretty big L shaped living room with kitchen included and I was considering a two speakers setup. The big side of the L is about 30 sqm and the speakers will be placed close to the smaller inside wall.

Looking at reviews and what a pretty good local shop has on stock, these would be some options:

KEF Q550 (625 Euro)
Monitor Audio Bronze 6 (540E)
Q Acoustics 3050i (415E)

They also have a pretty good deal for a NAD C 338 (310E), keeping in mind I want wireless streaming. Another option would be Yamaha R-N602 but its way more expensive at 480E and not sure if the difference is worth it.

How does the above sound?. Don't really looking for a perfect setup keeping in mind I can't change the room much, but I want to make sure I'd get at least a decent sound quality and keep the cost around 1000E. Also, the listening volume would be not be too high since it's a flat, but the isolation is pretty good between me and the neighbours so won't be very low either.

As an option, I could buy some wireless active speakers for the master bedroom (18 sqm, but has a big floor to ceiling wardrobe of about 5-6 sqm). Would KEF LSX do the trick for the room? Or maybe KEF LS50 combined with the above NAD? (for the bedroom wife insists there should be bookshelf speakers only).

I will audition all of the above tomorrow but I have a hunch the store has a way better room for this.

Any opinions or advices greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom