• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

Hugo9000

SGD1 is coming soon…

It's nice to see these progress reports, and so cool that you're documenting everything! You should be very proud of your hard work! :)

Tks

Major Contributor
@WHO23

What a great view (great freaking windows btw, you should see the 20th century trash windows that many apartments still have here that cannot be replaced legally with any other design unless you want to rebuild the building essentially).

Also nice to to see BOSC amps(you get the wireless version with no connections needed ?:p) in the wild, and that Drop turntable too, I didn't know they already finished it. Awesome setup all around.

WHO23

Forum Donor
Is this the black edition?
Ah yes it's the black version I ordered back in December from Aliexpress. It has the new WIMA caps (see my post on pg 21) so there should be no ESS hump.

Also nice to to see BOSC amps(you get the wireless version with no connections needed ?:p) in the wild
Good eye there on spotting it! Was waiting for someone to comment haha. I bought two pairs of BOSC Amps and the one pictured was the second set that I havn't figured out where to setup. I was planning to give it to my uncle who's a longtime audiophile but he loves dem tubes too much.
image.jpg

The actual connected amp are awaiting new cables and are actually below the speakers. The BOSC & power supply are surprisingly cool to the touch compared to the Audiophonics amp utilizing NC252MP. I'll do a proper post on the BOSC thread once I get everything set up.

Last edited:
@Ben1987 , if I wanted to order one of the black units from Amazon US, is there a way to do that now with the current suppliers or should I wait until such a time that the product listing is updated with a drop down to choose the color of the case? Thanks so much!

nspp

@amirm @WolfX-700

Hope Ben will send you ()(or you can get yourself) a new unit to retest new batch with a efficient analyzer and verify if "hand soldering" noise is away and trick to remove ESS issue have no counter effect... Anyway if all is OK, it is for me an excellent candidate for the best 500$ XLR DAC

Last edited:
Top Bottom