• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

bequietjk

SGD1 Main Board SMT/DIP Final Checking

1585376310845.png

Tks

Major Contributor
@WHO23

What a great view (great freaking windows btw, you should see the 20th century trash windows that many apartments still have here that cannot be replaced legally with any other design unless you want to rebuild the building essentially).

Also nice to to see BOSC amps(you get the wireless version with no connections needed ?:p) in the wild, and that Drop turntable too, I didn't know they already finished it. Awesome setup all around.

WHO23

Forum Donor
Is this the black edition?
Ah yes it's the black version I ordered back in December from Aliexpress. It has the new WIMA caps (see my post on pg 21) so there should be no ESS hump.

Also nice to to see BOSC amps(you get the wireless version with no connections needed ?:p) in the wild
Good eye there on spotting it! Was waiting for someone to comment haha. I bought two pairs of BOSC Amps and the one pictured was the second set that I havn't figured out where to setup. I was planning to give it to my uncle who's a longtime audiophile but he loves dem tubes too much.
image.jpg

The actual connected amp are awaiting new cables and are actually below the speakers. The BOSC & power supply are surprisingly cool to the touch compared to the Audiophonics amp utilizing NC252MP. I'll do a proper post on the BOSC thread once I get everything set up.

Last edited:
@Ben1987 , if I wanted to order one of the black units from Amazon US, is there a way to do that now with the current suppliers or should I wait until such a time that the product listing is updated with a drop down to choose the color of the case? Thanks so much!

hteavnafets

Forum Donor
I'm also hoping the combo will also fit my Naim Supernait and my Duetta Tops.

I will send a short feedback if the SGD1 is delivered and tested.

LostOne___

Did i missed something or is it not really same result as the one on this
View attachment 56987

Same with this:
index.php

May be a different test setup. I see the 1kHz signal in Ben's image tops at +10, while on Amir's and Wolf's test the peak is 0.

EDIT: also, the unit on the y-axis seems different, so probably a different test.

nspp

@amirm @WolfX-700

Hope Ben will send you ()(or you can get yourself) a new unit to retest new batch with a efficient analyzer and verify if "hand soldering" noise is away and trick to remove ESS issue have no counter effect... Anyway if all is OK, it is for me an excellent candidate for the best 500$ XLR DAC

Last edited:

Labjr

Major Contributor
All that real estate on the front panel and it doesn't display the sample rate?

Last edited:

TomB

I had a response on Amazon that this would be available after April 5. I am not sure what this means, but I notice that delivery time is currently stated as May 5-27. Has anyone here had a SGD1 from the current production shipped?

Top Bottom