• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Its a 71 911T chassis
P1240009.JPG

I was chatting with the owner gentleman few weeks ago, and he hadn't heard those wheels being called "cookie cutters".
Who is right?:oops:

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am selling my Porsche 356 *REPLICA* - Toyota engine with 5 gear manual, fiberglass body. If you are interested, message me. I am in the Bay Area, California.

Spyerx

View attachment 326427
I was chatting with the owner gentleman few weeks ago, and he hadn't heard those wheels being called "cookie cutters".
Who is right?:oops:

Those are Fuchs. Probably from a later SC or 3.2 era G series car. Cookie cutters look like the wheels i this thread:

Another wheel type you’ll see from the 914 era is called “gas burner” a mahle wheel, and if in magnesium are stupid light, and expensive. Why gas burner? Well they look like a stove Burner. Just like the cookie cutters look like… cookie cutters!

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, the EV and it's politics are short sighted.
My recently purchased BMW EV has not expressed any political views, but if it does I'll be sure to let you know.

I'll say this; it is inexpensive to operate, is crazy fast, and drives like a proper car and not one of those electric transportation appliances.

BMW with Porsches.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My recently purchased BMW EV has not expressed any political views, but if it does I'll be sure to let you know.

I'll say this; it is inexpensive to operate, is crazy fast, and drives like a proper car and not one of those electric transportation appliances.

View attachment 326439
What model and horsepower option is that car? I'm looking at the <.ca> BMW website and there are some options for EV.

Spyerx

That garage looks shockingly … familiar.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What model and horsepower option is that car? I'm looking at the <.ca> BMW website and there are some options for EV.
I opted for the i4 eDrive 40. It has 335 horsepower at the rear wheels (only). On the flats it is much quicker than my 315 HP Golf R due to the torque of the EV motor. Pulling up a steep hill its own weight kills that exilleration and I wish I had opted for the 536 HP M50 version... next time. All in all it is a really fun car though.

Not mine.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i4 eDrive 40
I like the changes they made to the rear haunches. The back end of Beemers for years has been a bit boring and needed some massaging of the shape. Your model has great range from what the BMW website states.
a -  BMW i4.png

digicidal

Major Contributor
I wasn't even able to see the i4 in that picture (trying to get a better view of the silver spider)... now you tell me there's a garage in the picture as well?!?! ;)

sam_adams

Major Contributor
No center pillar between the windows is for sure saweeeT!

The absolutely unbelievable gracefulness and thinness of the 'A' and 'C' pillars, combined with the curvature of the rear glass, and along with the front-to-rear overhang ratio, gives this design the illusion of moving at speed even when it is standing still. Even after all these years, it still gets me going just looking at it.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the changes they made to the rear haunches. The back end of Beemers for years has been a bit boring and needed some massaging of the shape. Your model has great range from what the BMW website states.
View attachment 326462
many EVs can manage over 300 (480 km) miles per charge.
They are improving all the time.
On my lowly Hyundai, I can get well over 300 miles provided:
- city driving (not highway driving)
- full recuperation.
- gentle driving. In London most side roads are 20mph! cameras everywhere.
- 5% charge to 100%. which I only did once. to maintain the battery life, I keep it 20% to 80% normally. I still get over 200 miles.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
many EVs can manage over 300 (480 km) miles per charge.
They are improving all the time.
On my lowly Hyundai, I can get well over 300 miles provided:
- city driving (not highway driving)
- full recuperation.
- gentle driving. In London most side roads are 20mph! cameras everywhere.
- 5% charge to 100%. which I only did once. to maintain the battery life, I keep it 20% to 80% normally. I still get over 200 miles.
My EV has more range than I have ever needed. I stop every couple of hours on a long journey for my dog’s (and my) comfort break and nowadays just choose a cafe with charger and plug in while I have a drink.
I bought mine because an electric motor is so much better for a car than an IC engine, no clutch, instant response, no need to change gear to overtake on the very short straight stretches around here.

As an engineer I am also not susceptible to the misinformation and propaganda spread at huge expense by the oil companies for decades. They are very, very rich…

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom