• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Porsche needs to hire some designers from Italy or even GM.

I have to agree @Sal1950.

Their offerings are so boring, so ridiculously similar to one another and just turn me right off. Some of the current US designs are amazingly good looking.

Even Kia/Hyundai produce way better looking cars, but I guess that's due to the fact they stole VAG/Audi's top designer, Peter Schreyer, several years back...

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Their offerings are so boring, so ridiculously similar to one another and just turn me right off. Some of the current US designs are amazingly good looking.

Even Kia/Hyundai produce way better looking cars, but I guess that's due to the fact they stole VAG/Audi's top designer, Peter Schreyer, several years back...
The Kia Stinger is a great looking car in person and the new Stinger concept car is great.
kia 1.png

13996782226_45007a6cc0_o.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Porsche needs to hire some designers from Italy or even GM.
Seems they never can design anything that looks more than a customized VW Bug. BLAH

Their offerings are so boring, so ridiculously similar to one another and just turn me right off.
I drool every time I see those Porsche(s) brakes, tires and ground effects and the interior is to die for. The front end is a bit rounded and blunt for my tastes but the rest of the car is gorgeous. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo has the basic look of the original Ferrari sports wagon. The new Ferrari sports wagon has the similar look too.
taycan.png

Ferrari-Station-Wagon-1.jpg

d857e7bb4cd98b71b0a3cb5055b106d9--stationwagon-charts.jpg

1962_Ferrari_250_GT_Breadvan_2048x2048.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
2022 Camaro ZL1 650 HP Brembo 6 piston brakes, much more. YUM

old_Chevrolet_Camaro_ZL1_2022_Coupe_60ec148ee9fc9.jpg

old_Chevrolet_Camaro_ZL1_2022_Coupe_60ec148faaa4c.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Those are a bit of a ominous spooky looking car. With the high door sills and such it makes it look mean. This is more my speed. White with blue makes it look really pretty and ominous too.
6th-white-met-blue-pinstripe-full-length__40261.1578777489.jpg

5e38bbe7130449e421fad5d00757b6f6.jpg

chevrolet-camaro-zl1-4_1920x1080.webp

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I always wonder what Chip Foose would do with a new Camaro. He certainly makes a vintage Camaro look sooperb.
Screenshot 2022-05-13 205516.png

Screenshot 2022-05-13 205531.png

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your not a car fiend until you’ve owned an Alfa ;)
At one point I had a 71 European Model Spider Veloce (twin carb model) that somehow had made it to the USA . It had high performance cams, head porting, an exhaust header (Corsa exhaust for the rest of the system) Weber carbs, and aftermarket suspension tuning. It was a very, very fun car to drive.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
At one point I had a 71 European Model Spider Veloce (twin carb model) that somehow had made it to the USA . It had high performance cams, head porting, an exhaust header (Corsa exhaust for the rest of the system) Weber carbs, and aftermarket suspension tuning. It was a very, very fun car to drive.
Lol... A school that I attended was in a city that was mostly populated with Italians and one of the Italian students received a new Spider Veloce for his 16th birthday. He used to speed shift that bad boy hard and get second gear rubber right in front of the school. It was fun watching. It was a powerful little car for sure. :D

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

A guy up the street from me has a ZL1 in white. A fellow around the street the other direction has a white C8. I just need to find a place to antagonize them both into a nice little race. There is a drag strip about 5 miles from me with street cars on Thursday nights in the summer. Maybe I can get them to do that. Of course I wish we had one of those 1 mile strips for a high speed run. Only seen those in Texas however.

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ok, time for everyone to move over here comes a real car. The *only* car the family still fondly remembers and would have back in a flash. The rest of you may give polite applause and wave to us as we drive past ;-) As they say in the classics: eat my dust! uhhm, I mean pick the bits that fell off. please.
So cool to be able to walk down the back and 'speak tersely' to the kids in winter time without getting wet.
s-l400.jpg

One of the worst day with that 'car' was when we were overtaken by a JCB high speed tractor. Remember the movie 'Little Miss Sunshine' < we all identified. The door! Lost count of the number of times we had to put the door back on. I suppose it will always be a mysterious love affair. ps. Yes, I want one again. Immediately.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know, but if you guys can send Chip my way, I have a 1969 Firebird we can see what he does with it.
SaweeeT ride! I met the boyfriend of a friend and he took us for a ride in his lightened and hot rodded 1969 Firebird. He was all mellow for the first 30 minutes till he apparently got to where he wanted to be. Then without saying anything he down shifted and kicked in the carb and we took off going up. We violently climbed a mountainside with truck run-off lanes it was so steep. He drove that car sideways most of the way up through all the corners and we must have been going into I'm guessing 130mph+. I've been in some fast muscle cars but this one was very cool. We covered about 2 miles in record time. Near the top it was back to slow and cruising speed again. It was a hoot. :D Good memories of that trip. The 69' Firebird is a definite collector piece.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
SaweeeT ride! I met the boyfriend of a friend and he took us for a ride in his lightened and hot rodded 1969 Firebird. He was all mellow for the first 30 minutes till he apparently got to where he wanted to be. Then without saying anything he down shifted and kicked in the carb and we took off going up. We violently climbed a mountainside with truck run-off lanes it was so steep. He drove that car sideways most of the way up through all the corners and we must have been going into I'm guessing 130mph+. I've been in some fast muscle cars but this one was very cool. We covered about 2 miles in record time. Near the top it was back to slow and cruising speed again. It was a hoot. :D Good memories of that trip. The 69' Firebird is a definite collector piece.
Mine is not quite that powerful being stock, but it was earlier in the thread. Sorry about the ugly wheels.

Again someone send Chip my way.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine is not quite that powerful being stock, but it was earlier in the thread. Sorry about the ugly wheels.

It needs Cragars, a bird on the hood, side flames, side pipes, fancier more sporty aerodynamic mirrors and a body alignment. :D It's in fantastic condition.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sure, then he can do a restomod job on it and slide one of those modern lightweight, high HP, LS motors in it !!! wOOt.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To Frank Dernie:

Any update on the Porsche Cross Turismo $S delivery?

By the way, thanks for your insightful comments on the new wave of ground effect F1 cars and the engineering problems they are presenting to certain teams.
It is now 10 months since I paid my deposit.
In the last 2 weeks I was contacted to firm up the specification and earlier this week I was told the car is due to go into production at the end of May with an expected arrival in the UK port at the end of July.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The Kia Stinger is a great looking car in person and the new Stinger concept car is great.

It is lovely, there's a bunch of them running around here. The best colour is the candy apple red GT version. Not keen of the flat colours (grey, burnt orange etc).

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It needs Cragars, a bird on the hood, side flames, side pipes, fancier more sporty aerodynamic mirrors and a body alignment. :D It's in fantastic condition.
I have a pair of 1960's Thrush side pipes in finned aluminum. Like this. Not my favorite look in side pipes. I took them off a hippy van in a wrecking yard before it went to the crusher.
1652519454467.png

I had a pair of the old original Cragar S/S wheels actually made of magnesium (origin of the term mag wheels). Never could find another pair so I sold them. I also have a set of modern polished aluminum American Racing mags which is more or less a copy of the Cragars. Too wide for my car unless I change something however.

I certainly could be talked into dropping in an LS motor I think. So far however it is what you see in the pic. Looks much better without the naked wheels.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is now 10 months since I paid my deposit.
In the last 2 weeks I was contacted to firm up the specification and earlier this week I was told the car is due to go into production at the end of May with an expected arrival in the UK port at the end of July.
I'd probably be almost as anxious waiting that long as when I was waiting to turn 16 and get a driving license.

Top Bottom