• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shippers!

MuseIcal

UGH!!

Thanks FedEx!

My 'new' Monitor Audio Silver 300s. Hard to see, but they are gouges and not something that can be buffed out.

The seller is being very helpful, but want to send me another pair. I don't know if I trust the shipper. This could happen again wasting everyone's time. Again.

unnamed.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You send them back, he collects damages from the shipper, you get a clean pair.

And repeat as needed.

Such is life.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The seller is being very helpful, but want to send me another pair. I don't know if I trust the shipper. This could happen again wasting everyone's time. Again.
I order audio gears online for years and that's the first time I see something as serious. That should not happen again, statistically.

Great speakers, BTW (love the MA's Rosewood finish). :facepalm:

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Bit of a Devil's advocate here: It looks to me as if the was insufficient padding/buffering material between the speaker cabinet and the outer carton. That thin layer of pearl foam only protects against minor friction.

Ideally there should be an inch of polystyrene foam all around the speaker.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What Ray said. I've a few horror tales on shipping. But if the shipper takes it back and pays the seller. Then you try again. That's the best you'll get.

On one case a fellow waited 13 months on a custom made guitar. Ruined by the shipper. He had to wait almost another year on the replacement.

paddycrow

Forum Donor
That's one problem with cardboard packaging. The flight cases that the F328Be speakers come in look extremely durable (judging by pictures).

gattaca

I'm sorry man - that sux! I had a recent episode with one of the big guys where I purchased an item and literally the box arrived with one end torn OFF and most of the parts gone. The 2nd part from the same company was literally falling outta the box. The 3rd box of replacement parts arrived also ripped open and they had to ship me a 4th box. (An no, I am not kidding...)

After looking at the packing carefully, it was clear the company did not invest a lot in safely packing their items. In all 3 cases, the items were simply thrown into an oversized box basically - so it was not all of UPS's fault. I agree, things like speakers should be 2x boxed and surrounded by 1-2" of solid polystyrene or the items should be suspended around polystyrene bands. I had another shipment where the shipper used some of that same thin wrap like I see and that item arrived damaged as well. It only took one simple drop to dent the crap outta it. A good packaging engineer can solve a lot of problems. In that case, the manufacturer offered to send me a new item, but the dent was minor and instead they credited $100 off and that was fair. Always remember, if you can live with the item, you might can work with the seller for a win/win credit.

Good Luck. I'd file a claim and try again. You can also request a different shipper or ask them to double-box it carefully and pay extra. If you keep them "as-is" then I'd ask for $$ off and then accept that as fair as the manufacture will have to sell them as re-conditioned / refurbished. YMMV. Stay safe, stay alive.

Last edited:

Zoomer

Were they sold as new?
This doesn't look like original Monitor Audio factory packaging at all.

Top Bottom