• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping U90 Issue - no longer recognized by source device

ahramlee

Hi All,

Hope you’re well in 2024!

I wanted to start a thread regarding the quality control issues of the Topping U90.

I currently own two (2) of these, one in silver and another in black, purchased in June and November of 2023, respectively.

Just this past week, both units stopped getting recognized by their respective sources (Mac Mini and Windows 11 PC, respectively). I have tried different usb cables, different usb ports, updated driver (on PC), power cycling both U90s and sources, and nothing works.

I have tested connecting the usb cables (bypassing the U90) directly to their respective downstream DACs (Topping D90SE and SMSL SU-10) and both source computers recognized them right away. I even tested connecting to another DDC (Singxer SU-6) and again both computers recognized it correctly.

I have an open email thread with shenzhenaudio.com support to get some additional troubleshooting suggestions from Topping, and so far they have suggested:

1. Update the driver (5.62.0)
2. Disconnect all cables except usb and power from U90 and use usb cable shorter than 1.5m

Neither of their suggestions yielded a fix for my U90s.

Questions:
- Has anyone else who owns the Topping U90 experienced this issue where the U90 is no longer being recognized by their connected source device or computer?

- Were you cable to get the issues fixed, and what was the fix?

Thank you in advance!

OP
A

ahramlee

Hi All,

Hope you’re well in 2024!

I wanted to start a thread regarding the quality control issues of the Topping U90.

I currently own two (2) of these, one in silver and another in black, purchased in June and November of 2023, respectively.

Just this past week, both units stopped getting recognized by their respective sources (Mac Mini and Windows 11 PC, respectively). I have tried different usb cables, different usb ports, updated driver (on PC), power cycling both U90s and sources, and nothing works.

I have tested connecting the usb cables (bypassing the U90) directly to their respective downstream DACs (Topping D90SE and SMSL SU-10) and both source computers recognized them right away. I even tested connecting to another DDC (Singxer SU-6) and again both computers recognized it correctly.

I have an open email thread with shenzhenaudio.com support to get some additional troubleshooting suggestions from Topping, and so far they have suggested:

1. Update the driver (5.62.0)
2. Disconnect all cables except usb and power from U90 and use usb cable shorter than 1.5m

Neither of their suggestions yielded a fix for my U90s.

Questions:
- Has anyone else who owns the Topping U90 experienced this issue where the U90 is no longer being recognized by their connected source device or computer?

- Were you cable to get the issues fixed, and what was the fix?

Thank you in advance!
Tagging @TOPPING-Service and @JohnYang1997 to this thread to see if they can help…

Top Bottom