• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Separating power cables from speaker cables and interconnects?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Those elevators are not high enough to clear a Roomba
.... and hilarity ensued.

:cool:

I fact, I think folks with hifis like that have people who do their dustin' and cleanin' for them.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kind of a newbie question - is it a good idea to ensure that your speaker cables are not in close contact with speaker cables? How about interconnects?

I run nearly all my cables through 40mm trunking at the back of my desk with no audible issue...

20200421_210542 (Medium).jpg

Cables include: USB, Ethernet, Mains AC power, low voltage AC and DC power, line level. The only cables I don't run through the trunking are DisplayPort because they're too fat and inflexible.

This is the trunking if anyone is interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C9ZWH1H

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha, I just noticed this picture on the Amazon listing...

71XLyCwkipL._AC_SL1200_ (Medium).jpg

I didn't recognize the speakers, so I did a Google image search and discovered that they're Castle Avon 5's which are £1500 in the UK, so the trunking must be good :)

Top Bottom