• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quebec audiophile shows off his new Hi-Fi system, very expensive set up

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well since I spend a lot more time still perusing or participating in the "subjective" forums I supposed I see a lot more feedback on such speakers. I've seen tons of very happy to thrilled Zu speaker owners. It's a divisive brand, tend to be in the "like it or don't" category, but those who do and purchase them seem mostly very happy.

A quick google pulls up:

I first heard ZU Audio speakers a few years back at RMAF with Peachtree Audio amps. Was impressed from the beginning. I go to RMAF every year and ZU's room is one of the funnest and coolest rooms to visit at the show, after 2017's show, I really decided to give them a try in my own home. And I am sure glad that I did. I have a smile on my face every single time I play music now. I went a long time without playing 2 channel music because I had some bookshelf speakers that I was just not that happy with. Well I am back to enjoying music to it's fullest and then some. I am pulling out all my go to cd's that I know inside and out, at least I thought that I did, I am hearing some nuances that I didn't even know were there. I wanted to make this short because I can ramble on forever but I am loving theses speakers!

Sound. Well everything I want is there

And here are threads discussing Zu in which Zu owners express happiness with Zu speakers:

This is why I think it's just fine that there are speaker designers out there not just producing more me-too Harman Curve speakers, and that there are all sorts of approaches to please all sorts of people. I know some people would love it if every speaker sounded the same, but I personally enjoy the variety available.
I can’t participate in any of the subjective forums or watch any of the YouTube reviewers anymore. They were all on my list and all dropped away one by one. Watching their videos now just makes me feel dumber. And even DIYAudio I find now looking back and visiting once in a while is driven by subjective attitudes and audio foolery but at a DIY level. I don’t understand how you can hold these opposing systems in your head. It’s like being an astrophysicist and also believing in your astrological sign. Makes zero sense to me. But I didn’t drop the subjective ones all at once as I said. I am inoculated now thank goodness. Even pretty Industrial Design can’t sway me if it is just a facade for poor engineering.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can’t participate in any of the subjective forums or watch any of the YouTube reviewers anymore. They were all on my list and all dropped away one by one. Watching their videos now just makes me feel dumber. And even DIYAudio I find now looking back and visiting once in a while is driven by subjective attitudes and audio foolery but at a DIY level. I don’t understand how you can hold these opposing systems in your head. It’s like being an astrophysicist and also believing in your astrological sign. Makes zero sense to me. But I didn’t drop the subjective ones all at once as I said. I am inoculated now thank goodness. Even pretty Industrial Design can’t sway me if it is just a facade for poor engineering.

Understandable. I still get some value out of participating on the subjective forums. Though I spend a lot less time there than I used to. One reason being I spend more time here once this forum came along. Another is I'm no longer really looking for more audio gear.

Top Bottom