• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi folks, I've posted up the results of my measurement of the new version vs old version at following thread where new version is being discussed:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
HD560s down to £139 at Amazon UK, pretty much the lowest price it ever gets to:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HNFV61M?tag=camelweb-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB
HD560s price history.jpg

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good deal. I bought mine at that lowest ever price but I love this headphone and to me it is easily worth even the full price.
Nice, I bought one of my 4 units at that £119 price too, and it was the Old Version with the longer cable - that was back in March 2022 by the looks of that graph. The HD560s is a really good headphone, and I swap between my K702 and the HD560s, I use EQ on both and I've worked out I just can't decide on a favourite between them. Channel Matching & Unit to Unit Variation is not as good on the K702 though, so it's useful I've got a miniDSP EARS so I can use EQ to match the channels perfectly - it does help with accurate imaging. I also think the HD560s is worth it even at the £169 full price - so same opinion as you - better than many headphones that cost a lot more.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's $149 right now in the U.S. at lots of places, including in-store at Best Buy and Guitar Center.
That's a good price in the USA right? I think a while back I looked at what regular price was of HD560s in USA, and it was in the $200's wasn't it? For some reason the HD560s is more expensive in the USA than here in the UK - normally USA has better deals on electronics, quite often it's 1:1 relationship between £ & $ in relation to electronics (so £149 and $149 for example) even though the exchange rate is 1.25 USD to 1 GBP currently.

DarrylG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That's a good price in the USA right? I think a while back I looked at what regular price was of HD560s in USA, and it was in the $200's wasn't it? For some reason the HD560s is more expensive in the USA than here in the UK - normally USA has better deals on electronics, quite often it's 1:1 relationship between £ & $ in relation to electronics (so £149 and $149 for example) even though the exchange rate is 1.25 USD to 1 GBP currently.
As of now, it's 119.17 pounds. I think it's usually around $180-$200.

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As of now, it's 119.17 pounds. I think it's usually around $180-$200.
Yeah, comparatively the HD560s is normally quite expensive over there as I'd normally expect it to be around $169 over there due to the often common relationship of 1:1 for dollars to pounds in terms of the usual comparative cost of electrical equipment. (It was often £169 over here).

DarrylG

Has anyone else had some of the paint wear off the metal parts of the earcups of their 560s?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Has anyone else had some of the paint wear off the metal parts of the earcups of their 560s?
Nope, not yet, but they live a privileged & calm life where they are not jostled about in bags and aren't transported anywhere! (Had them since sometime in 2021 I believe)

DarrylG

Nope, not yet, but they live a privileged & calm life where they are not jostled about in bags and aren't transported anywhere! (Had them since sometime in 2021 I believe)
That's the weird thing. They don't get jostled. The rest of the headphone doesn't have a scratch on it. I wonder if the grilles can be safely removed for repainting.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's the weird thing. They don't get jostled. The rest of the headphone doesn't have a scratch on it. I wonder if the grilles can be safely removed for repainting.
I don't know if they can be removed. If you do repaint them, I'd be hesitant or careful about it - if you block the holes off or make them smaller than the default factory standard grill then it could change the frequency response of the headphone - think closed back vs open back. If it was me I'd just leave them with a bit of paint coming off - distressed headphones the new trend! Actually, how about using a black permanent marker pen just to fill in the few small shiny metal spots?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The plastic on the headband is prone to scratching.
I had one grille with some 'specks' paint missing.
As Robbo says... use a black permanent marker with a small point.

Last edited:

DarrylG

I don't know if they can be removed. If you do repaint them, I'd be hesitant or careful about it - if you block the holes off or make them smaller than the default factory standard grill then it could change the frequency response of the headphone - think closed back vs open back. If it was me I'd just leave them with a bit of paint coming off - distressed headphones the new trend! Actually, how about using a black permanent marker pen just to fill in the few small shiny metal spots?
Looking at the exploded exploded view photo, the grilles seem to have tabs along the edges that press fit into channels on the backs of the earcups. It may be possible to remove them with a plastic pry tool, but I'd rather not chance it.

distressed headphones the new trend!

LOL. B&O advertised their H Series headphones as becoming comfortable distressed over time, or something like that, because they knew the dye would wear off the sheepskin pads.

DarrylG

The plastic on the headband is prone to scratching.
I had one grille with some 'specks' paint missing.
As Robbo says... use a black permanent marker with a small point.
I bought a paint pen with a blunt tip, but yeah, a fine-tipped one may work better.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought a paint pen with a blunt tip, but yeah, a fine-tipped one may work better.
Is a paint pen the same thing as a permanent marker? The point being that you don't want a thick layer or anything going on there, and when I hear "paint" it makes me think of something thick & viscous. So you'd want to use a permanent marker, not paint.

DarrylG

Is a paint pen the same thing as a permanent marker? The point being that you don't want a thick layer or anything going on there, and when I hear "paint" it makes me think of something thick & viscous. So you'd want to use a permanent marker, not paint.
I tried it on a piece of wood, and it's not thick, but I have an Sharpie Extreme marker I use to write on plant labels, and I lightly dabbed it over the worn spots on the grilles. It has a little bit more sheen than the original paint, but it did the job.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried it on a piece of wood, and it's not thick, but I have an Sharpie Extreme marker I use to write on plant labels, and I lightly dabbed it over the worn spots on the grilles. It has a little bit more sheen than the original paint, but it did the job.
Yeah, that sounds like a better option!

Deckard01

Hello guys,

Can you recommend any 3.5 or 4.4 cable for HD600-HD650 but I can not afford any expensive one. I was looking for a check option as I see many exotic expensive cables that have the price of the headphone itself.

Moreover do you believe that any cable aftermarket is better from the stock one? Is there really any sound difference or to say it better any that improve the sound signature of HD600?

Thank you

Top Bottom