• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Safety And Design of DIY originated Audio Products

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Another load of bs. For 1 all the mains wire is shielded. For 2, once the lid is on, that power supply is completely sealed and isolated from the rest of the gear.

And no it's not incorrectly installed. The ground is passing through the choke as intended.
Mikey, I am sorry but you just keep on demonstrating you have no expertise in this field whatsoever.

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
Mikey, I am sorry but you just keep on demonstrating you have no expertise in this fiels whatsoever.

So you're saying plain luck created the 2nd best DAC in the world? Shit I better go buy some lotto tickets!

pinkupanda

you are a true clown and entertainer Mike.
So you're saying plain luck created the 2nd best DAC in the world? Shit I better go buy some lotto tickets!

No the guy who said its the 2nd best dac needs to be immediately checked by a psychotic doctor :eek:

Mivera

Major Contributor
you are a true clown and entertainer Mike.

No the guy who said its the 2nd best dac needs to be immediately checked by a psychotic doctor :eek:

No just a guy who's owned over $250k of DAC's in his life.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

Ok Mikey, send me one and I will measure its analogue output, followed by a trip to see our friends at a local emc lab, followed by a blind audition with my audiophile friends. About 15 people who meet up every month at our hifi dealers place and we can compare against a multitude of dacs from low to high end such as a Chord Dave.

We will see how well it fairs, if you are prepared to putvyour money where your mouth is.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Ok Mikey, send me one and I will measure its analogue output, followed by a trip to see our friends at a local emc lab, followed by a blind audition with my audiophile friends. About 15 people who meet up every month at our hifi dealers place and we can compare against a multitude of dacs from low to high end such as a Chord Dave.

We will see how well it fairs, if you are prepared to putvyour money where your mouth is.

Hey the Chord Dave was one of the DAC's Amir's client in Seattle compared it to. He liked the Aqua Formula better than the Dave, but ultimately settled with the Purestream. Amir can verify himself if I'm telling the truth.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I dont care about that Mikey, Note I said a multitude of dacs and the opinion of a range of people. Plus technical tests and measurements.

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

If not do us all a favour and take your ramblings off to an audiophile forum (if there are any left where you havent been banned) where they fall for the BS.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I dont care about that Mikey, Note I said a multitude of dacs and the opinion of a range of people. Plus technical tests and measurements.

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?

If not do us all a favour and take your ramblings off to an audiophile forum (if you there any left where you havent been banned) where they fall for the BS.

Even if I wanted to send you a DAC, I don't even have any left. Besides I have nothing to prove. Everything I needed to know about the Purestream design has already been proven to us. Now we are on to much bigger and better things. Things nobody will attack because they will be under other brand names.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks for the compliments. But you see all of our Purestream's have been sold to happy clients. And our OEM clients are more than thrilled with our products. So don't let your emotions due to envy override rational judgement.

Ok mike, what products will we find your boards in?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Even if I wanted to send you a DAC, I don't even have any left. Besides I have nothing to prove. Everything I needed to know about the Purestream design has already been proven to us. Now we are on to much bigger and better things. Things nobody will attack because they will be under other brand names.

OK, send me some boards. I can sort out the rest. If theycare as good as you say they will measure superbly and be well reviewed by my audiophile group.

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Yeah right like you're gonna find that out. They will be the subject of the next attack.

Anyways another fun fact. Flat earth theory is 28x more popular than Audio Science!!

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/theflatearthsociety.org

Why would we do that? The chances are a professional manufacturer would properly implement your boards, and if they perform as well as you claim then there is nothing to fear. They will measure and sound good.

You dont have any oem clients do you Mike?

As I said, you can send me some boards.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Why would we do that? The chances are a professional manufacturer would properly implement your boards, and if they perform as well as you claim then there is nothing to fear. They will measure and sound good.

You dont have any oem clients do you Mike?

Yeah you're right I'm busted :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
Send me some boards then. You can approve my implementation.

Sorry none left and I'm done with DIY. However if you want to order 10 sets I can do it. Any less than 10 isn't worth it.

Mivera

Major Contributor

Ha ha that's the biggest joke I've heard yet. The fact that they do preform good is the whole reason the attacks would come pouring in. Nobody wastes time attacking what they don't see as a threat. Do you lose sleep if a 2 year old calls you a poo poo head?

Criticism is a sign of success. The harsher the criticism is, the stronger the sign you're on the right path.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Actually, thinking about it Im using an 8 channel Motu for my dsp speakers. Tbis was a development solution and I am looking to expand this for the theatre and improve dac quality.

How much for th set of 10?

Mivera

Major Contributor
Actually, thinking about it Im using an 8 channel Motu for my dsp speakers. Tbis was a development solution and I am looking to expand this for the theatre and improve dac quality.

How much for th set of 10?

The Purestream DAC is only 2 channel. No way to sync them. I can do 10 sets of boards for $6500. Then you need opamps. Several opamps from $25 a piece to $170 a piece are compatible. Anything John Hardy 990/2520 compatible in Jfet or bipolar.

If you want to order 40 of the Weiss OP2-BP's the price will drop to $130 a piece. 4 per DAC required.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the compliments. But you see all of our Purestream's have been sold to happy clients. And our OEM clients are more than thrilled with our products. So don't let your emotions due to envy override rational judgement.
Shame they won't back you in public....

Mivera

Major Contributor
Shame they won't back you in public....

I don't blame them. Besides I haven't asked anyone to. I can fight my own battles just fine.

Top Bottom