• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Safety And Design of DIY originated Audio Products

Mivera

Major Contributor
Mike, face it, you have no market, no customers and no credible product.

Yeah you're right. I already said Mivera is closed for business. You guys are attacking a dead company. I only actually made 2 Purestreams and 3 Superstreams. Suckers!!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yeah you're right. I already said Mivera is closed for business. You guys are attacking a dead company.
I am not attacking any company. You put forward the original picture as your proud accomplishment and we see faults in how it is put together indicating a person with no experience when it comes to high performance analog and general safety of any electronic product.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Great achievements, but nothing related to audio gear manufacturing. You don't need any hands on skills to be a manager.
You don't but I did. That is how I got ahead of my peers. BTW, you don't get hired let alone survive as a manager for a day if you are not hands on at Microsoft. It is not old school companies where you can sit there and just go to meetings. If the engineers don't respect you as a technical person, they will go over your head and get you fired in a day. That is the Microsoft culture. They have no use for pure managers.

Me personally seek advise from professionals in the field if I want a professional opinion of a product. Not salesmen who own dealerships that sell competitive products.
But you haven't. There is not one professional high-end analog audio designer that would approve what you have done. Nor would anyone who has had to design equipment for a company which could get sued if their product caused a risk of shock.

Your work is hobby level. Design decisions like stuffing yet another noise filter without making measurements first is a sign of chasing the non-technical audiophile dream of "getting rid of noise" not realizing you may be adding some. That is what comes across to me and will come across to any experienced engineer per above.

The only credentials I am using here is what I am saying above. That I have looked at your product assembly and it screams, "I am an electronics hobbyist." This would be fine if this was a project you put together. Indeed you would get high marks for doing that as a hobbyist. But someone building and selling commercial products to someone else? And bragging about how great it is? And how it costs thousands of dollars? Are you kidding me? I can buy a $30 toaster that is safer than you have built.

I know I am being harsh on you but you show no ability to understanding your failings and want to learn.

That's quite ridiculous. No different than going into a BMW dealership run by a crooked schyster and seeking advice on Mercedes.
Well, that is the other thing. You are very unethical. Many of the things you say are not truthful on forums, including a lot of what you have said here. When people ask me about you I say you are smart and inquisitive. But that you lack ethics and common sense. You demonstrate both all the time and hence the reason everyone has banned you on their forums.

Anyway, let's make forward progress. I see two boards with the name of your company on it: the DAC board and the buffer. Who did the schematic and PCB design for these?

Mivera

Major Contributor
You don't but I did. That is how I got ahead of my peers. BTW, you don't get hired let alone survive as a manager for a day if you are not hands on at Microsoft. It is not old school companies where you can sit there and just go to meetings. If the engineers don't respect you as a technical person, they will go over your head and get you fired in a day. That is the Microsoft culture. They have no use for pure managers.

But you haven't. There is not one professional high-end analog audio designer that would approve what you have done. Nor would anyone who has had to design equipment for a company which could get sued if their product caused a risk of shock.

Your work is hobby level. Design decisions like stuffing yet another noise filter without making measurements first is a sign of chasing the non-technical audiophile dream of "getting rid of noise" not realizing you may be adding some. That is what comes across to me and will come across to any experienced engineer per above.

The only credentials I am using here is what I am saying above. That I have looked at your product assembly and it screams, "I am an electronics hobbyist." This would be fine if this was a project you put together. Indeed you would get high marks for doing that as a hobbyist. But someone building and selling commercial products to someone else? And bragging about how great it is? And how it costs thousands of dollars? Are you kidding me? I can buy a $30 toaster that is safer than you have built.

I know I am being harsh on you but you show no ability to understanding your failings and want to learn.

Well, that is the other thing. You are very unethical. Many of the things you say are not truthful on forums, including a lot of what you have said here. When people ask me about you I say you are smart and inquisitive. But that you lack ethics and common sense. You demonstrate both all the time and hence the reason everyone has banned you on their forums.

Anyway, let's make forward progress. I see two boards with the name of your company on it: the DAC board and the buffer. Who did the schematic and PCB design for these?

Once again everything you're saying is a bunch of BS. You have a history for many years of attacking competitors. This is just another example. But Like I already told you Mivera Audio was created as a disposable company to absorb attacks without any consequences. I was told by many in the industry that if you build anything noteworthy and you don't pay off the douchbags, or give them a cut, this sort of thing would happen. And they were right. Mivera Audio was only just a sacrificial lamb.

So all you are accomplishing is wasting your time Amir. Because Mivera Audio never was a real company and it's now closed for business. All we did is make a small run of 2 products. 2 products that I actually had no desire to even sell. All for beta testing purposes and to flush all of the wolves out of the woodwork. The job is now complete and I'm well on my way to phase 2.

So time to move on to the next victim Amir.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Once again everything you're saying is a bunch of BS. You have a history for many years of attacking competitors. This is just another example. But Like I already told you Mivera Audio was created as a disposable company to absorb attacks without any consequences. I was told by many in the industry that if you build anything noteworthy and you don't pay off the douchbags, or give them a cut, this sort of thing would happen. And they were right. Mivera Audio was only just a sacrificial lamb.

So all you are accomplishing is wasting your time Amir. Because Mivera Audio never was a real company and it's now closed for business. All we did is make a small run of 2 products. 2 products that I actually had no desire to even sell. All for beta testing purposes and to flush all of the wolves out of the woodwork. The job is now complete and I'm well on my way to phase 2.

So time to move on to the next victim Amir.
Once again, I am making a technical assessment of product you created and how it reflects on your skills. I have not gone after your company, nor am I a competitor to anything you do. You put forward example of your work, i.e. like a resume, stood back proud, not realizing the many safety and performance mistakes in it. And keep talking smack and about your competitors no less.

The role I play here and in the industry is to educate the consumers and put a spotlight on flaws that they prefer to hide. See this example of reviewing and measuring performance of HDMI on a number of AVRs my company provides to our customers (as custom solutions): http://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-deep-dive-into-hdmi-audio-performance.56/

So you are not singled out at all. And those companies are some of the largest audio companies in the world.

Build great products and you get my respect. Look at how my nearly 20 year old DAC (Mark Levinson No 36S) and how it rejects jitter compared to its modern counterparts in AVRs:

i-bs5DqCC.png

I bought that DAC after I saw its superb measurements in stereophile and it is serving me to this day.

You on the other hand, slap a bunch of parts you have read about, brag about the part specs and expect sales. Not one bit of evidence that can be examined and verified to be true. And you complain you are victim? One of the most aggressive people online? Trashing your competitors left and right? You are a victim?

No, it is just lack of common sense, coming here and taking on our community without realizing that there is real knowledge and skill here. That we see a sales pitch cloaked in technical terms and jargon a mile away. That our nose can tell the real engineers from hobbyists.

Clean up your act, provide evidence of your superior work that can be verified, than you will be on our good side

Until then, you are going to face a tough time here. You want love go find another forum where folks bow as soon as you throw meaningless part specs at them.

OK, I feel better now. :)

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
Last edited:
Reactions: 617

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes I know Amir. This must be why your forum is valued so high:

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/audiosciencereview.com

Because people actually value what you say. Now lets look at some real forum stats:

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/head-fi.org

And here's what folks say about my work on real forums:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pos...ne-rig-focal-utopia-mivera-superstack.838570/

And with that I will say goodbye to this pathetic shit show :)

View attachment 8399
That guys giving a thumbs down in the direction of the 'mike' lol again..

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes I know Amir. This must be why your forum is valued so high:

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/audiosciencereview.com

Because people actually value what you say. Now lets look at some real forum stats:

http://www.netvaluator.com/www/head-fi.org

And here's what folks say about my work on real forums:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pos...ne-rig-focal-utopia-mivera-superstack.838570/

And with that I will say goodbye to this pathetic shit show :)

Oh, you mean the scientific mecca of a place hosting a DBT-ban audio cable subforum? I couldn't stop myself laughing at that place if I tried my hardest.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I say lack of common sense and Mike demonstrates it with his post:
upload_2017-8-28_8-43-4.png

Anyway, they are not disputing anything we are saying here. No one opened the unit and looked inside. It is the safety and design which we are discussing.

I hope future purchasers and OEMs searching for reviews and such of Mivera, land here and ask good questions about you. That they demand actual CE certificates, FCC, UL, etc. and don't try to sell products from questionable source and buy themselves liability. If they don't, well, I am pretty sure we will live. :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I say lack of common sense and Mike demonstrates it with his post:
View attachment 8403

Anyway, they are not disputing anything we are saying here. No one opened the unit and looked inside. It is the safety and design which we are discussing.

I hope future purchasers and OEMs searching for reviews and such of Mivera, land here and ask good questions about you. That they demand actual CE certificates, FCC, UL, etc. and don't try to sell products from questionable source and buy themselves liability. If they don't, well, I am pretty sure we will live. :)

I don't really understand what happened here, you highlighted reasonable 'code' violations that probably exists in many amateur builds. We had a load of childish deflection from mike that was embarrassing to read but eventually a guy who bought mikes parts posted a picture of his assembly that confirmed your concerns and addressed all of them ( most?) .

So your points were verified by one of mikes clients.

Mike continued his modus operandi of deny , deflect and obscure . He could of simply accepted his sort comings and used your advice as a cheap ( free) consultation on safety regulation.

He's taken on a ambitious task without the structured learning he really needs but if he just accepts his enviable sort comings and learns he will benefit.

Instead he's painted a unfortunate picture of himself here and confirmed he has no regard for the welfare of his customers. If you read through this whole thread he's actually insulted them too..

Oh well, I'm not surprised but I'm still disappointed for a number of reasons in the way this thread reads and how it reflects on all of us. Personally i think most will find the temperature of the exchanges off putting, some might get the popcorn out but most serious individuals ( the type we want here) will be put off.

I'm not sure how we square that circle going forward , or if we really need to tbh but Iv mixed feelings about how this has gone.

It needed doing though so I'm pleased on that level.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
I find it odd that we have a design and some criticism of it, but very little talk about why certain decisions were made e.g. what is the point of the soft start?, etc. The reader has no idea whether the soft start was actually necessary, merely that it probably isn't a safety threat and the magnetic flux leakage it introduces is (according to the designer) acceptable. There was something earlier on about lots of pots needing to be set or some such, but no discussion of why this circuit needs such a seemingly problematic setup; whether these settings are stable with temperature, etc.

But I find this to be true in all walks of life. Stuff is created, but we never find out why it is the way it is. What went through the mind of the person who created it?

Musicians are interviewed, but never say "I really like where the key changes right there, and that bass run sets up the tension for where the piano resolves it..." or whatever. They talk about everything except the actual music - even esoteric stuff about what went on in the studio, but never how they came up with the actual tune.

Discussions are often devoid of actual information, I find!

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
I don't really understand what happened here, you highlighted reasonable 'code' violations that probably exists in many amateur builds. We had a load of childish deflection from mike that was embarrassing to read but eventually a guy who bought mikes parts posted a picture of his assembly that confirmed your concerns and addressed all of them ( most?) .

So your points were verified by one of mikes clients.

Mike continued his modus operandi of deny , deflect and obscure . He could of simply accepted his sort comings and used your advice as a cheap ( free) consultation on safety regulation.

He's taken on a ambitious task without the structured learning he really needs but if he just accepts his enviable sort comings and learns he will benefit.

Instead he's painted a unfortunate picture of himself here and confirmed he has no regard for the welfare of his customers. If you read through this whole thread he's actually insulted them too..

Oh well, I'm not surprised but I'm still disappointed for a number of reasons in the way this thread reads and how it reflects on all of us. Personally i think most will find the temperature of the exchanges off putting, some might get the popcorn out but most serious individuals ( the type we want here) will be put off.

I'm not sure how we square that circle going forward , or if we really need to tbh but Iv mixed feelings about how this has gone.

It needed doing though so I'm pleased on that level.
Thomas - yes, I quite agree, and I agree with your introspection on this difficult subject. It is a credit to you that you would ask yourself how you can learn from it all.

Safety and other technical issues have been well covered here. But, the delicate question of how to remain fair and inclusive while an obviously hostile and deranged person arrogantly abuses that and shits all over your forum is a tough one. You and Amir have shown more patience and forebearance than I would have, and indeed, much more than all those other forums from which Mike has been expelled. I witnessed some of those other episodes, too. So, his tendencies are by now all too well known. Technical arguments aside, it is a mystery that anyone would buy anything from such an unbalanced person.

The Internet, for all the good stuff it provides, also, unfortunately, brings out the ugliness and irrationality in many people. It is a shame, but it seems to be human nature.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Sanctions against mivera / mike

Iv sanctioned mike, seems he's amassed too many points and he's been crossed out ( membership terminated).

The situation is under review ( it was not my explicit intention to ban him) but it's my action and nothing to do with him disagreeing with amir. He just lays waste to the forum we built and is throughly unpleasant in the way he conducts himself here.

I really don't care if folk disagree with amir, in fact I welcome it but we need to at least aspire to a sense of civility and mike has continually demonstrated he has no such ambition.

If your not at least civil here then you will get warned, if you ignore that warning you will get a reply ban for the thread and sanctioning points.

We are all human, I'm trying to allow a greater freedom and accept folks will get riled at times but I don't want to see this behaviour become the norm as it has seem to in the last week or so.

Top Bottom