• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

THO

You mean AURUM CANTUS?
Yes, they are 2 completely different speakers, apart from the optics.
The GRAND SUPREME is a conventional, large 3-way D'Appolito loudspeaker with an elaborate housing
The "NEW GRAND SUPREME" has a completely different concept. 4 1/2 ways, new tweeter, additional rear firing tweeter as a super tweeter from 12 kHz, even more complex crossover, even more complex housing and some smaller changes.
Very interesting speaker, but unfortunately not that easy to test listen to anywhere.
Yes, about impossible to listen to. I listened to many other smaller Aurum Cantus speakers, and I had several myself, including the V8F that I still got. I had a good feeling about it and I just decided to give it a go. Ordered the New Grand Supreme. Never had any regrets. I would say it is the most complete speaker I ever listened to in my 25 years as an audiophile.

Last edited:

DACslut

That's a good price, I'm looking forward to your report.
I actually wanted to buy the white ones, but because of an offer I took the black ones...
I swapped out my Infinity's for the Heco's the other day and only have about 10 hrs on them. They definitely have enough solid authoritative bass for me and they're at least the Infinity's equal in that dept. The highs are more refined and smoother too. Soundstage, imaging and detail surpass the old towers also. The white finish is sale priced right now on the 'zon at slightly less than $600 for a pair. Not quite the BF deal I got but still a fantastic price.

Kiko

I ordered the A30a from hifi-express today. Got three pair of speakers, Aurum Cantus V8F, Aurum Cantus New Grand Supreme and Wharfedale Linton Heritage. Will test with every one, but the A30a is meant to be used with the Lintons. Im quite excited.
Please share your experience of using the A30a with Lintons when you receive it.
How does it sound at low volume with the Lintons? Rich and warm sound or not? etc.
Very interested in what you think of the A30a amp based on your experience with other amps you've owned.

THO

I would tell what I think about the A30a, but it still have not arrived. No movement on tracking since 2. December. I hope its not lost.

Roland68

Major Contributor
I would tell what I think about the A30a, but it still have not arrived. No movement on tracking since 2. December. I hope its not lost.
Then you should take action, this is not normal.
Shipping to Germany took a little over a week.

THO

Then you should take action, this is not normal.
Shipping to Germany took a little over a week.
Yes, I emailed Hifi-Express asking them look into it some time ago. The say it arrived in Norway already, but the Norway post say it hasn't arrived. Emailed Hifi-Express again today, so lets see what they say.

Drengur

Forum Donor
Yes, I emailed Hifi-Express asking them look into it some time ago. The say it arrived in Norway already, but the Norway post say it hasn't arrived. Emailed Hifi-Express again today, so lets see what they say.
To be fair, those postal trackers are not always on point. I have a package out for delivery that everyone (except the postal worker physically holding the package) swears it's in Frankfurt (2000km away).

GiBo61

No news about the delivery of your Sabaj?

syzygy

The PFFB by Axign is intriguing, but I have read somewhere that the patent on that is expiring, or already has, and TI has that capability in some of its newer amp chips.

I'm curious where you read that the patent is expiring? I'm not sure which patent that would be, but US-10659028-B2 Digital Audio Converter and Amplifier Controller seems to detail the PFFB pretty well, and it's patent date is May 19, 2020. So I wouldn't expect it to expire soon. Abandoned seems unlikely, possibly sold?

THO

No news about the delivery of your Sabaj?
Without help from Hifi-express it actually arrived today. Not sure what was going on, but it is here now. For future orders Im not so sure about Hifi-express. Will not order from them again. I need som time to test this unit.

GiBo61

Without help from Hifi-express it actually arrived today. Not sure what was going on, but it is here now. For future orders Im not so sure about Hifi-express. Will not order from them again. I need som time to test this unit.
All's Well That Ends Well! Take your time, enjoy the new toy and then let us know what you think about it. By the way I also ordered it from Hifi-express last November, in less than a copule of weeks was at my door in Italy.

Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor
It's great that the A30a arrived with you, my expectations of you about your experiences are now very high.
But I have to defend HiFi-Express at this point.
We ship our industrial products all over the world and also receive special materials from all over the globe. With most shipping service providers you have little opportunity to get information or intervene if something doesn't go according to plan. Even during important research for valuable packages in the x.xxx or xx.xxx range, the packages are often there before the information about their whereabouts. At this point it doesn't matter whether the recipient or HiFi-Express requests information. As long as the packages are in an airport/customs area, it may be that no information is allowed to be forwarded.
This is only better with UPS, Fedex and even more expensive shipping service providers, but not always.

GiBo61

I'm curious to hear how your Sabaj A30a is playing in your setup...

zeluxao

If i want to make a 2.2 system (2 subwoofers) by adding an adapter in the sw out for stereo output will it work? Like having separated (L/R) bass channels? (sorry for the question, i'm far from being an expert on these matters... :))

Roland68

Major Contributor
If i want to make a 2.2 system (2 subwoofers) by adding an adapter in the sw out for stereo output will it work? Like having separated (L/R) bass channels? (sorry for the question, i'm far from being an expert on these matters... :))
You can take a Y cable.

zeluxao

It's a mono output, so with the Y it will be correct, but double mono.
According to what i've red here, in the beginning it only output one channel (R or L) but a firmware release made it output both from sw output. with the y it will be double mono as in one R and one L outputting diferent sound (corresponding to each channel) or 2 channels outputting the same?

syzygy

According to what i've red here, in the beginning it only output one channel (R or L) but a firmware release made it output both from sw output. with the y it will be double mono as in one R and one L outputting diferent sound (corresponding to each channel) or 2 channels outputting the same?
The sub out is mono, most likely a 'mixed' L+R signal, and a low-pass filter. Generally speaking, you cannot separate the L+R from this mixed signal.

If you connect that signal to two subwoofers, you'll need a "y", which is a very simple connector allowing you to run the 1 source signal to two devices (your subwoofers).

The result will be your 2 subwoofers will have the same signal - and both mono (L+R).

That's not an unusual setup. Because low frequencies are not considered 'directional' (below some reasonable frequency - maybe 80-100Hz?), you aren't losing much, if anything.
(I suspect that logic is also applied in the music mixing much of the time - but not all of the time).

But if you're subwoofers' crossover is higher - 120Hz? you may want to find an amp with a 2 independent sub outputs ( or a source with 2 sub outputs - like miniDSP, and a multichannel amp)

(Edit: I'm cringing from the possibility of debate from my casual statement: "low frequencies are not considered 'directional'... I know that all sound waves are 'directional', but our ability to identify the direction of the source at such long wavelengths is a better way to explain it. And yet, still allows plenty of room for arguments - please consider the goal was to help answer zeluxao's question!)

Last edited:

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One (1) RCA output with the two channels (L and R) mixed together, therefore mono.

1000004199.jpg

Top Bottom