• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

marX

Sabaj's A30a is identical in basic design to the SMSL VMV A2.
I think the A30a is a little more advanced because it's a newer design.

I read the review but it's still a different device, isn't it?
Would have loved a test!

But yeah, this brand definitely better than Topping in circuit design and reliability AFAIK.

marX

BTW, any comparison to the HK Citation amp which is similar in price?

EDIT:

It has better features than Sabaj but has noise issues. It also seems discontinued.
So, the warranty could be tricky?
But it's sold by Peter Tyson UK. So, they might help support it?

Last edited:

PeterOo

BTW, any comparison to the HK Citation amp which is similar in price?

EDIT:

It has better features than Sabaj but has noise issues. It also seems discontinued.
So, the warranty could be tricky?
But it's sold by Peter Tyson UK. So, they might help support it?
Why do you think it is discontinued? The Dutch HK site still sells it.
HK is in no hurry to fix software bugs, but that has been going on for years already.

marX

Why do you think it is discontinued? The Dutch HK site still sells it.
HK is in no hurry to fix software bugs, but that has been going on for years already.
It's not in stock here and the fan noise issue is still not solved. So, I thought they are going to discontinue and make a new version!

At this point, it's Sabaj A30a vs HK Citation for me. But, I'm leaning towards the Citation as it's sold by most bigger hifi dealers in the UK.

EDIT: But the Bluetooth and streaming capabilities of Sabaj is very good (Ldac codec and aptX HD)

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
I read the review but it's still a different device, isn't it?
Would have loved a test!

But yeah, this brand definitely better than Topping in circuit design and reliability AFAIK.
Three of SMSL Sabaj Loxjie are the same group company. They share much of their circuit design. The difference between each product is mainly in the appearance design and the type of input. The basic design of the amplifier is the same.

marX

Three of SMSL Sabaj Loxjie are the same group company. They share much of their circuit design. The difference between each product is mainly in the appearance design and the type of input. The basic design of the amplifier is the same.
Got it, thanks!

BTW, I just called up the dealership and they said I just need to inform them and they will deal with the warranty reg. the HK amp. So, that issue is sorted.
But to get a final verdict, do I need to create a new thread to call all the Citation users or can I bring back an old HK Citation thread?
If the feedback is not great, I'll get the Sabaj.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At this point, it's Sabaj A30a vs HK Citation for me. But, I'm leaning towards the Citation as it's sold by most bigger hifi dealers in the UK.
I live in Canada, and I had ordered from UK, and it was delivered from China very quickly and I did not pay customs.

marX

So, I just read their (Sabaj & Hifi Express) return policy and it's not great (typical for an Asian company). Sadly, I gotta go with HK.
Thanks, guys for the help.

marX

Do you want to return? Buys through amazon. They have a very good return policy.
I saw the Sabaj A30a on Amazon but the price is a bit high - £432. Hifi-Express is like £350.
But the Amazon page still has the same return period - 30 days.

BTW have anyone faced any issues with the Sabaj A30a or any Sabaj products in general? How was the experience dealing with the shop/company?

Also, I saw a review in Audiophonics (it was in French, had to use google translate) saying they had trouble with the sub (playing white noise?). They also mentioned it went into protection mode while using some Martin Logan speakers.
Any feedback on this?

BTW, I still haven't bought the Citation amp..yet. Gonna wait a bit to do more research.

GiBo61

I saw the Sabaj A30a on Amazon but the price is a bit high - £432. Hifi-Express is like £350.
But the Amazon page still has the same return period - 30 days.

BTW have anyone faced any issues with the Sabaj A30a or any Sabaj products in general? How was the experience dealing with the shop/company?

Also, I saw a review in Audiophonics (it was in French, had to use google translate) saying they had trouble with the sub (playing white noise?). They also mentioned it went into protection mode while using some Martin Logan speakers.
Any feedback on this?

BTW, I still haven't bought the Citation amp..yet. Gonna wait a bit to do more research.
I've seen much more complains about the HK Citation Amp (mostly fan noise and heat dissipation) in another thread here on ASR then on the Sabaj A30a.

Last edited:

DACslut

I've got an A30a coming tomorrow. Just hope I made the right decision and I get a new one, not some repacked or used unit. Has anyone bought one recently and did it have the latest firmware?

marX

I've seen much more complains about the HK Citation Amp (mostly fan noise and heat dissipation) in another thread here on ASR then on the Sabaj A30a.
Yeah, I saw them too. There are videos on youtube describing the same issues.
But in case of problems, I can always return easily unlike with Sabaj where I have to send it to China.

BTW, I contacted Amazon and while they declined to price match, they have 'promised' to "help to find the solution" in case of any fault developing. Don't know what to make of that :p

Top Bottom