• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the Stealth and an ADI-2 DAC. For me, it is sufficient. Only when listening to very quiet classical recordings i reach the 0dB point of the ADI-2. I almost never do this though.
If you want to listen to quiet or high dynamic range records, you could face the limits of the ADI-2 sometimes. So, if you want to test which one is better, don't bother with "sound quality " differences, because there should not be any, but concentrate on your most quiet recordings and see if the ADI-2 gets loud enough for you with the E3. If it does, you probably don't need the 2/4.

johny_2000

Thanks for your response. You guessed correct, I'm from Northern Virginia. We have many high end Audio shops near by which carries the regular ADI-2 DAC FS but not the 2/4 pro or even pro. Del Pro Audio is really a good store but they are in New York pretty far from my place. But surely I'll check with them if there is a provision to audition them, may be when I visit NY, if they have it in stock I can check, I'm purchasing the E3 this week, I'll first test it with RME Adi-2 at my nearby Audio Store. Thanks again for the info.
You can purchase it through online retailers or directly from RME USA.
Both major ones have them in stock. Expedited 2-day shipping included.

Info on the new RME DPS-2 and LNI-2 power supply units dropped today, manuals as exhaustive as ever.

Prices:

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Top Bottom