• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I'd have a dig around this site a little more and have a look at threads focusing on doing meaningful comparisons between electronics in the sound reproduction chain.

But let's assume for a minute your comparison was valid. How do you know the Dell was flat and the apple has peaks and dips and not the other way round?

It's highly unlikely either do by the way. But again, what were you listening to them on. I'm assuming headphones but which?
I hear the airy (guess about more than 13khz) and lack of musicality and brightness of the Apple type-C dongle. Or my laptop boost some where at 8khz and 12khz and roll-off from around 14 khz. The difference in bass deep when listened with input speaker is more sensible. And I love to listen to 3.5 jack laptop usually.
Can it related to Harmonic excitement phenomenon in here? Music need some harmonic frequency mixing to sound good! https://mixingmonster.com/audio-frequencies

Last edited:

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I hear the airy (guess about more than 13khz) and lack of musicality and brightness of the Apple type-C dongle. Or my laptop boost some where at 8khz and 12khz and roll-off from around 14 khz. The difference in bass deep when listened with input speaker is more sensible. And I love to listen to 3.5 jack laptop usually.
Can it related to Harmonic excitement phenomenon in here? Music need some harmonic frequency mixing to sound good! https://mixingmonster.com/audio-frequencies
I think you are missing the point of ASR, and of High Fidelity in general. The purpose of equipment is to accurately reproduce the recording, not to alter it. It must be able to do that to be "hi-fi", even if that is not how you choose to listen. You can, of course, use tone controls or DSP to alter the sound to your preference or apply room correction, but you must have accurate reproduction as a base to start from.

Last edited:

AdrianTheCrack10

Hi @amirm, i have one question, i want to use this dongle for iem measurements in REW. So Would it be correct if i put this values in the software for getting the adequate voltage. In this case 0 dfbs equivalent to 1,039 Vrms? thanks in advanced.​
dongle.PNG

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @amirm, i have one question, i want to use this dongle for iem measurements in REW. So Would it be correct if i put this values in the software for getting the adequate voltage. In this case 0 dfbs equivalent to 1,039 Vrms? thanks in advanced.​
Only the A2049 dongle will output 1.0Vrms.
The model number is printed on the white cable.

Also, the exact output voltage will be slightly different for each dongle.
Better use a multimeter to measure yours, if you need precise voltages.

Lastly, the A2049 dongle will hard clip at 1.0V with load impedances <20Ω.

If you need clean 1.0V regardless of the IEM's impedance, then better look for another solution.

AdrianTheCrack10

Only the A2049 dongle will output 1.0Vrms.
The model number is printed on the white cable.

Also, the exact output voltage will be slightly different for each dongle.
Better use a multimeter to measure yours, if you need precise voltages.

Lastly, the A2049 dongle will hard clip at 1.0V with load impedances <20Ω.

If you need clean 1.0V regardless of the IEM's impedance, then better look for another solution.
Oh yes, I have that model, the A2049. And I have an IEC711 calibrated. I don't have a multimeter that's why I'm asking. It's because I want to measure the distortion. and I need the exact data for measurement. I was using er2se, it's a 15 ohm in ear. So you say it will clip. Makes sense. I have a Qudelix 5k, but I don't know the exact data to put it in the software.

Top Bottom