• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome HP-1 High-Performance Amp

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #461

tomchr

Technical Expert
Manufacturer
No kidding! Thanks Amir!

I now politely suggest that we nudge this thread back to its original topic: The (now discontinued) Neurochrome HP-1. Questions related to the HPA-1 would fit better in the TCA HPA-1 review thread.

Tom

JohnYang1997

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Manufacturer
No kidding! Thanks Amir!

I now politely suggest that we nudge this thread back to its original topic: The (now discontinued) Neurochrome HP-1. Questions related to the HPA-1 would fit better in the TCA HPA-1 review thread.

Tom
Yep, Let's go! Do you have something to say about the supply noise of neurochrome hp-1 at this time?

tomchr

Technical Expert
Manufacturer
Do you have something to say about the supply noise of neurochrome hp-1 at this time?
No. The HP-1 reached down around 900 nV RMS noise floor (20 Hz - 20 kHz) so whatever noise on the power supply wasn't making into the audio band on the output.

Tom

SAFETYpin

Just picked up a HP-1 from a seller on Reddit. Supposedly it’s the same unit Amirm measured.

So far it sounds great! I’m going to drag it to work and compare with the 789. Not really a productive reply but I’m excited.
0A5E5C63-2ECD-4B73-8E13-80B9A80083B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom