• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Neurochrome HP-1 High-Performance Amp

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
No kidding! Thanks Amir!

I now politely suggest that we nudge this thread back to its original topic: The (now discontinued) Neurochrome HP-1. Questions related to the HPA-1 would fit better in the TCA HPA-1 review thread.

Tom

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
No kidding! Thanks Amir!

I now politely suggest that we nudge this thread back to its original topic: The (now discontinued) Neurochrome HP-1. Questions related to the HPA-1 would fit better in the TCA HPA-1 review thread.

Tom
Yep, Let's go! Do you have something to say about the supply noise of neurochrome hp-1 at this time?

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Do you have something to say about the supply noise of neurochrome hp-1 at this time?
No. The HP-1 reached down around 900 nV RMS noise floor (20 Hz - 20 kHz) so whatever noise on the power supply wasn't making into the audio band on the output.

Tom

SAFETYpin

Just picked up a HP-1 from a seller on Reddit. Supposedly it’s the same unit Amirm measured.

So far it sounds great! I’m going to drag it to work and compare with the 789. Not really a productive reply but I’m excited.
0A5E5C63-2ECD-4B73-8E13-80B9A80083B2.jpeg

Last edited:

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Good to see the HP-1 is still going strong.

Tom

Ra1zel

If anyone wishes to ever sell his HP-1 in blue, please let me know, I will be interested.

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is the closest I offer to the Neurochrome HP-1: https://www.tomchr.com/products/hpa-1

The HP-1 does pop up on the used market on occasion though. There weren't many made, so the odds are low but not zero. Best of luck in your hunt for one.

Tom

Ra1zel

St1n

If the HP-1 outputs 2.6W @ 33 Ohms, I'm curious... does it continue to to increase in output down to even 14 Ohms?

I'm curious if this bad boy can output like 4-5W amp for low impedance planars?

Mine is still going strong as my desktop & gaming amp. :)

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I would expect something like 1.7-1.8 W into 14 Ω from the HP-1.

Good to hear that the amp is still going strong.

Tom

Top Bottom