• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Cowon Plenue 2 DAP

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm: The price of this DAP at the beginning of the review is wrong, it should be $1.000 higher.
It is so confusing. The Plenue P2 on Amazon is $599. But Plenue 2 (without "p") is indeed $1,600. From what the owner told me, this is "P2." I can't figure out what is what. Anyone know?

WHO23

Forum Donor
It is so confusing. The Plenue P2 on Amazon is $599. But Plenue 2 (without "p") is indeed $1,600. From what the owner told me, this is "P2." I can't figure out what is what. Anyone know?
It’s the same item, Amir. I purchased the P2 on Amazon for $600 and its the same Silver Plenue 2 with Leather Cover.

Edit: Ok to clear some confusion:

Cowon P2 = Cowon Plenue 2 = Cowon Plenue 2 Mark I (It’s not Cowon Plenue P2)

There's also a Cowon Plenue 2 Mk2 (Jupiter Gold) which has the same DAC chip but with a higher power output on the balanced out whereas the Plenue 2 Mk1 (Silver) has the same output as single ended.
Cowon.png

Also Amir, here’s the manual page:
http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboar...rrange=headnum&bmenu=M&desc=asc&no=79&bmenu=M

Last edited:

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
It’s the same item, Amir. I purchased the P2 on Amazon for $600 and its the same Silver Plenue 2 with Leather Cover.

Cowon P2 = Cowon Plenue 2. (Edit: It’s not Cowon Plenue P2)

Also here’s the manual page again
http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboar...rrange=headnum&bmenu=M&desc=asc&no=79&bmenu=M
There is now a Mk 2 version. Maybe the Mk 2 is $1500 and the Mk 1 is reduced to $600? On top of that, there's a lot more Plenues to cause confusion! <http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/product_plenue_main.php>

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Tks

Major Contributor
Was always curious to see how DAPs perform, this one looks pretty good with it's performance. For $600, not bad really.

Would be real curious to see what an A&K SP2000 measures like, as it's seemingly the first device that I know of that will hit the market with the AKM 4499 is dual configuration.

WHO23

Forum Donor

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Last edited:

CerealKiller

Así always, excelent work. Thanks!
I remember someone ofered to you a shanling M0, any chance than Review Is happening any time soon ?

CerealKiller

I don't remember the M0. But I do have other DAPs that I will be testing soon.
Shame on me then... It was an expression of desire we say in spanish, altho a better translation Will be, a wishfull thinking.

Thanks Amirm! I'll pull the trigger on the little thing as a replacement for my beloved (and still working) rockboxed Sansa clip+ as my running and training DAP and Will just try it.

Clip+ Is amazing, measures really well giving how old it Is (nwavguy did it) but its not as powerfull as i wish it was. Portapros and other koss, some low sens iems Will benefit

Cheers from patagonia

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now I want to see measurements of other expensive MP3 players such as Astell&Kern, Sony WM1Z, other expensive Chinese stuff...

I use a Sony A45 because of its battery life. Sony went straight to the dark side nowadays, advertising the use of "Kimber Kable" in their new "high end" product lineup.

headwhacker

Forum Donor
Now I want to see measurements of other expensive MP3 players such as Astell&Kern, Sony WM1Z, other expensive Chinese stuff...

I use a Sony A45 because of its battery life. Sony went straight to the dark side nowadays, advertising the use of "Kimber Kable" in their new "high end" product lineup.
It’s all about making money. Why bother pay top dollar to an engineer when they can just feed audiophile myths and end up making lots of money.

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It’s all about making money. Why bother pay top dollar to an engineer when they can just feed audiophile myths and end up making lots of money.
Ain't that the G-darned truth.

One of these days I'm going to buy some Benchmark products. One of these days...

Top Bottom