• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel speakers

droid2000

I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions and I want to have them answered immediately... who is your Daddy and what does he do? ;)

JSmith
Well first thing to do as your California governor is demand you get vaxxed or quantify you as less than human, in the ways of my ancestors.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Honestly, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between these 3:
revel bookshelves.gif

Revel Bookshelves:
NamePSPSwSubLFX
Revel M105 (Amir)5.98.351
Revel M106 (Amir)5.88.046
Revel M16 with open port (Amir)5.67.745

Last edited:

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
I joined this site two hours ago and have never participated in a forum before, so thank you for the latitude and the patience…
The trick with any forum is to assume you've walked into a room full of people, most of whom know some useful stuff and are happy to help. But they can't mind-read. If you went into room full of Vodka aficionados and said "Question about Smirnoff", you would get some puzzled looks.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this some kind of test?

Little Johnny has three nickels and two dimes. How much milk does his refrigerator hold?
8!

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Honestly, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between these 3:
they are very similar measuring ....the d.i. is the same ...the thing that caught my eye was the treble bump is (almost) identical in all 3 ...that can't be an accident...

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t want surround, but extend the sound further into the space. My living room goes into a smaller dining area. I do music, not so much tv. I joined this site two hours ago and have never participated in a forum before, so thank you for the latitude and the patience…
So what you want is basically a multi-room type system, where the same signal is sent to different speakers placed at different locations so that you can enjoy the music in different spaces?

Unless you need capacity for the smaller space, I think you'll do fine with the smaller ones. As measurements showed here demonstrated, they're not vastly different the bookshelfs in the Revel line.

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
they are very similar measuring ....the d.i. is the same ...the thing that caught my eye was the treble bump is (almost) identical in all 3 ...that can't be an accident...
No, it's a diffraction artifact from the waveguide according to the lead engineer behind Revel at the time.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, it's a diffraction artifact from the waveguide according to the lead engineer behind Revel at the time.
i believe it is if you heard it .. but, they didn't correct it ,i'm not sure that artifact is correctable though...that's above my pay grade...

Top Bottom