• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Center speaker for revel 226be

Beanman

I am wanting to add a center speaker to my revel 226be’s. I cant get the 426 because of price and size. What is a good alternative (dont really want to get another 226 either). Would a c52, c12 or any of the newer revel models work? Or would it throw the timbre off too much? Thanks for your advice as always.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
If not the 426 I'd go for the C208. Still big, but much more reasonable pricewise. The C52 is also pretty big, so if you'd entertain that one, the C208 would match better. I use a C208 with Studio 2s and am happy. Can't think of anything else that would be close

OP
B

Beanman

Revel seems like more than any other company to have their speakers “tuned” to where you can almost use any revel center with them from what i have read.

Terry Stahly

I have the C208 with some Revel 228 in a condo which sounds excellent but I mainly watch 4K UHD movies and highly recommend it. I also have 328be and the 426be with a pair of Martin Logan Balancedforce 212's in my main home which is heavenly powered but three powerful Krell amps and a Marantz AV10. I would not trade this for anything I am aware of and no need to.

Top Bottom