• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

jaykay77

gallantus

What is the price everyone paid for their brand new F208? I'm trying to see what is a reasonable negotiation with the retailer if I were to get these speakers.

jaykay77

My F208’s are for sale in the sale forum if anyone wants in Florida... I’m going the the big berylliums.
Cheers!

vavan

The F228Be sound better and has zero fatigue
fwiw do not have any listening fatigue with f208 on properly recorded material. some tracks/albums are almost unlistenable even with eq though but I believe it has nothing to do with the speaker

gallantus

I got an offer for the F208 at $4,125USD with tax, for the pair, brand new in the box. Is that a good deal?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I got an offer for the F208 at $4,125USD with tax, for the pair, brand new in the box. Is that a good deal?
If it includes shipping and assuming your tax rate is 8 to 9%, it is not bad.

Lsc

fwiw do not have any listening fatigue with f208 on properly recorded material. some tracks/albums are almost unlistenable even with eq though but I believe it has nothing to do with the speaker
The F208 is a very good speaker. I had it for 7 years and really enjoyed it from the day I got it to the day I sold it.
Yes I agree that crappy recordings sound like crap bc the F208 is a very accurate speaker. It sounds like crap on my F228Be as well.
It’s all relative and honestly I wish I didn’t hear a difference when I listened to the F228Be. Then I wouldn’t have bought a speaker that cost 2X the price and has the same cabinet design and adjustability deleted. But the fact that I did and wasn’t able to wait for the next generation should give some indication on how I (imho) feel about the F228Be’s sound quality.
On the other hand, if I still had the F208, I’d still be very happy with them.

vavan

But the fact that I did and wasn’t able to wait for the next generation should give some indication on how I (imho) feel about the F228Be’s sound quality
I have no problems believing and accepting that f228be is better speaker than f208 and I wish I could afford it or at least had a chance to listen to it. My mere point was f208 does not give me fatigue unless on problematic records that is

Pio

Forum Donor
I have no problems believing and accepting that f228be is better speaker than f208 and I wish I could afford it or at least had a chance to listen to it. My mere point was f208 does not give me fatigue unless on problematic records that is
Zero fatigue here with the F208 - total nonsense.. now, my old B&W 802D2's, constantly turned down the volume, especially on female vocals..

Top Bottom