• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm sure those books on the table will seriously affect FR. :D

Btw, I think it would be better if you move speakers apart as they seem too close to each other considering distance to LP. I also suggest you use MMM RTA pink noise when measuring from LP.

Yeah, in reality it is an effect of the wide camera. Tweeter to tweeter is about 230cm and pretty much the same to the listening point.

fredoamigo

Forum Donor

carlob

Forum Donor
Although that dip at 2100Hz spoils it a little

Think it's consistent with Amirm measurements: some directivity error at crossover. The F228Be fixed that according to the spins I've seen.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Think it's consistent with Amirm measurements: some directivity error at crossover. The F228Be fixed that according to the spins I've seen.

In your case it is more pronounced, but let's wait for MMM.

Revel F208 Twoer Speaker Spinorama CEA2034 Predicted In-room Response  frequency audio measure...png

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@carlob nice room. I dig the painting. You are fortunate to not have dips between 100 and 200Hz which are usually a result of being fairly close to the front wall. The dip at 2100 is nothing to be concerned about. It's unlikely EQ would make a difference.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In your case it is more pronounced, but let's wait for MMM.

View attachment 63442
His crossover dip can be really more pronounced as his listening position seems at a distance where the sound power percentage is higher than the direct sound, but as you write its better to wait for the MMM.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Btw, it is the response below 70Hz that I find troublesome, not that peak and dip as that can easilly be corrected because in Amir's measurement LW curve follows ER and SP there.

QMuse

Major Contributor
His crossover dip can be really more pronounced as his listening position seems at a distance where the sound power percentage is higher than the direct sound, but as you write its better to wait for the MMM.

Yes, that happens as distance to speakers increases. But I see no problem there, it is bass response below 70Hz that looks too shy.

carlob

Forum Donor
Yes, that happens as distance to speakers increases. But I see no problem there, it is bass response below 70Hz that looks too shy.

Yes, I think there is nothing I can do there besides using subwoofers. Can't place them in the corners. Anyways they sound quite good, maybe a little bright.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Yes, I think there is nothing I can do there besides using subwoofers. Can't place them in the corners. Anyways they sound quite good, maybe a little bright.

Yep, EQ can't help you there as they are too far from the corner to get boundary reinforcement so only sub(s) can help.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I know unfortunately from such also from my current listening room, also in the Charles Sprinkles MMM video he needs to add 6dB below 100 Hz to fill the room basswise up.
As I always say, room acoustics can be such a bastard... :(

QMuse

Major Contributor
Can you plz post REW mdat after you do MMM? I would like to overlay it with Amir's PIR curve.

tuga

Major Contributor
I know unfortunately from such also from my current listening room, also in the Charles Sprinkles MMM video he needs to add 6dB below 100 Hz to fill the room basswise up.
As I always say, room acoustics can be such a bastard... :(

Can you add/mix a shelf below 100Hz together with filters to cut resonance peaks on REW?

Top Bottom