• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reorienting to nearfield? (or midfield)

wemist01

Perhaps this doesn't even qualify as nearfield, but it could get close. So apologies for the vagueness.

I've had a goal for quite a while of getting speakers that could fill a 16x12 living room (to replace a rehabbed pair of Rogers Studio 1s that don't even have matching woofers- DSP saves the day where that is concerned). The possibility of a move has brought in the odd option that my quality listening might happen in an office where I sat no further from the speakers than 7-8 feet, maybe even closer. While I think I could make this work, it's a completely different angle to consider than where I was at before. Would love to hear feedback on whether bookshelves like M106 would be overkill or just right- I'm sure others here have addressed quality sound in confined spaces already. Any advice welcome.

Top Bottom