• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend amplifier: usb input, min 100W at 8ohms, HPF control

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I only read the documentation - my understanding was that you would add it to your pipewire.conf in the context.modules section as for other modules, just like you would for the combine_stream one you proposed. For the filters you could use the builtin biquad or convolver, or take your pick from those provided by LSP, Calf etc. if you wanted to enter freq, Q etc. instead of calculating biquad coefficients.

I'm not surprised CamillaDSP can do exactly what you need - that's why I suggested it earlier.

OP
A

adrhc

thanks, I guess then the pipewire filter approach you suggested is usable as is; I’m a noob on using it so I’ll have to study the alternatives you pointed.

Can you point more accurately what from LSP or Calf should I use? Especially the Calf option seems not usable because I find it a documentation only (a nice one but still, not a pipewire plugin).

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
They're not pipewire plugins, they're LV2 which can be used by the pipewire filter-chain module. EasyEffects/PulseEffects uses them for its Filter and Equalizer components - I think

Given the noob status I would go for CamillaDSP - it's quite widely used here so you should be able to get good advice from people who will have done something similar before. Using pipewire.conf should also work but isn't widely used, and if it's anything like making changes to alsa configs (which can also do channel mapping and filters) it will be a pain to debug.

Top Bottom