• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I saw that, I just can't believe banana on a pizza. Banana actually on anything except straight up, fruit salad, milkshake, banoffi pie or sliced on a Pavlova...

View attachment 80579

banoffi pie
View attachment 80580
The opening scene [actually, the scene after the opening scene] of Gravity's Rainbow is a banana breakfast, describing quite a number of previously unconsidered uses of bananas for breakfast.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the dumbest thing I've read this year, but admittedly, it's still August and we have an election coming up.

Chicago deep dish may be quite delicious- I'll admit to having spent a LOT of money at Lou Malnati's over the years, and have eaten at Uno, Due, - so that's not the question. But.... IT IS NOT PIZZA. It is a TOMATO CASSEROLE.

I hope you were just trolling and aren't really that deluded.

just for the record, this is the point in the thread where a war broke out about Chicago v New York style pizza.

KaiserSoze

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Paul has no formal education beyond high school. Stan was the engineer (the S of PS Audio). Stan left and had his own company (supermods).

It would be interesting to collect the education level for Paul and the others like him, to see if there is a clear pattern that can be shown, i.e., to see whether it can be shown that the people who push audiophile snake oil generally have little or no quantitative education.

There are parallels with charismatic televangelists who take peoples' money. But there are important differences. Peddlers of audiophile snake oil generally take money from young adults who have disposable income and who are not spending their retirement. Charismatic televangelists prey on old ladies living on welfare and food stamps.

North_Sky

Major Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It would be interesting to collect the education level for Paul and the others like him, to see if there is a clear pattern that can be shown, i.e., to see whether it can be shown that the people who push audiophile snake oil generally have little or no quantitative education.

There are parallels with charismatic televangelists who take peoples' money. But there are important differences. Peddlers of audiophile snake oil generally take money from young adults who have disposable income and who are not spending their retirement. Charismatic televangelists prey on old ladies living on welfare and food stamps.
At this point we need to know where Paul stands on pizza , is he a casserole on bread kinda a guy or dose he know what real pizza is ?

Anyone in Devon for holidays I recommend captain flints for pizza ( salcombe , beitifu place unfortunately full of twats this time of year ) , best iv had outside of Italy ( little provincial place in the back streets of Rome, no tourist other than us ) .

Of course real men eat toad in the hole !

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But it's OK for Paul to call Amir incompetent in the same vein?

Im totally lost on your contradictory position. You even call the instigator "respected".

What Paul did was the step too far. It certainly should not be respected.

He has no respect for Amir or for what this site is doing/acheiving. He used a public forum (YouTube) to spread a false hood. A deliberate attempt to publicly damage Amirs reputation with statements that are demonstrably untrue.

You bet I'm going to respond. My position is that it is foolish to publicly state things about a person which are easily demonstrably untrue and which could damage their reputation. You might even say to do such a thing is stupid. It could even have legal consequences. Secondly I don't believe it would actually help his cause (business promotion) and could even do damage.

So yes I think Paul was moronic in his actions.

moronic
/məˈrɒnɪk/

adjective
INFORMAL

1. very foolish or stupid.

I'm sorry to step in by admitting having read only yesterday's posts and now 19 pages :facepalm: and maybe it has already been pointed out:

IMO, Paul is just provoking Amir and it's so obvious.
It's a déjà-vu scene that others made so many times ...
So please do not fall into this enormous muddy trap.

Or on the contrary, Paul wants to be "invited" at ASR, but will never make the first move. Of course not, he "is" PS AUDIO !

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm sorry to step in by admitting having read only yesterday's posts and now 19 pages :facepalm: and maybe it has already been pointed out:

IMO, Paul is just provoking Amir and it's so obvious.
It's a déjà-vu scene that Mohamed-Ali and others made so many times ...
So please do not fall into this enormous muddy trap.
Please keep on topic , pizza , pineapple, cultural abandonment and insecurity expressed by national cuisine.. oh and pizza ..

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Please keep on topic , pizza , pineapple, cultural abandonment and insecurity expressed by national cuisine.. oh and pizza ..

I think the reaction of the ASR comunity is great!!! So lets talk about pizza?

Edit says: Who is Paul? When REALY hard problems have to get solved?
So is the drink for a pepperoni pizza beer or wine or maybe just cold water? This are the real questions! Couse we all know @amirm knows how to measure. ;)
Fu** man he is the hero that made out of a kh 80 a thermometer.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I've seen another thread on Wine ... so let the French gastronomy be invited broadly here (but please, do skip Pizza ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom