• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ultha_2022_AllThatHasNeverBeenTrue_cover.jpg

Atmospheric Back Metal from Germany.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I was had a moment down memory lane today because Decapitated has just released a new record. Turns out, some years ago, I saw the last concert Vitek ever played before the car crash that killed him.

From that gig I remember the following tracks the most:

The first time I saw the band, they were kids on the Winds of Creation tour. I saw them eating a stew of tripe and chickpeas. Damn, I have been listening to Extreme Metal since it was almost "invented". I feel super old. :(

haen

Zeni Geva and Steve Albini playing Kraftwerk 'Model'.

<runs and hides for cover>

Ok, I think Zeni Geva is sometimes categorized as some kind of metal so maybe not so inappropriate. Can't see any pony tails either ;-).

I remember hearing about Zeni Geva little bit and then when visiting a record store I saw their live CD and there was some guy browsing records nearby that said that he seen them live in Berlin and they were amazing. Well, I never regretted that purchase.

RHO

Major Contributor
Anyone know where to get albums from Dismember from? They seem to have disappeared from any streaming service. Looking for a quality download for their "Massive killing capacity" album. (and others)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Anyone know where to get albums from Dismember from? They seem to have disappeared from any streaming service. Looking for a quality download for their "Massive killing capacity" album. (and others)
I saw them (die) a couple years ago live close to home.

The "millions are dead, millions will die!" verse sounded incredible.

I found a cd copy from Latvia in discologs for less than 10 €. That may work for you.

Reactions: RHO

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning

RHO

Major Contributor
I found a cd copy from Latvia in discologs for less than 10 €. That may work for you.
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Edit: Unavailable in Belgium. There's one other that has a reasonable price but including shipping it's still over €30.

Last edited:

Vict0r

Considering your location, I got a local jewel:

Ahhh, good ol' Gorefest. Their former drummer is a dear friend of mine. First time I saw them live was in the early 'nineties. I still have some old merch somewhere!

RHO

Major Contributor
Ahhh, good ol' Gorefest. Their former drummer is a dear friend of mine. First time I saw them live was in the early 'nineties. I still have some old merch somewhere!
I think I saw them in Brunsum once. Must have been the early nineties too.

Vict0r

I think I saw them in Brunsum once. Must have been the early nineties too.
Hahaha, that was my first Gorefest gig! In Brunssum! The one I mean was a little outdoor festival. It was just after the release of Soul Survivor, so I guess it was in '96? I think Backfire! played as well that day.

Reactions: RHO

RHO

Major Contributor
Hahaha, that was my first Gorefest gig! In Brunssum! It was just after the release of Soul Survivor, so I guess it was in '96? I think Backfire! played as well that day.
What a coincidence.
I have no idea who played there besides Gorefest.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I saw Jan Chris and his guys by the time of False and again, when they toured La Muerte un 2006 or so.

90's and Extreme Metal didn't match well for Iberia.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Reading the Snake Oil threads, I couldn´t help but think about this:

Not a bad one, but they did better on Graves of the Archangels. Including Orthodox chants and fragments of masses in Greek was an excellent idea.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
These fine Canadians are touring Europe these days. Of course, they are not playing even close to where I live, alas...

At any rate, Canada is an excellent land for Extreme Metal: Revenge, Blasphemy, Axis of Advance, Conqueror... Sure, Panzerfaust are far more melodic and easy to digest, but no lesser quality.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Saw them live quite a few times. Each one of them has been boring at best.

Last was at Brutal Assault 2018, I could easily take pictures in a very calm audience:View attachment 201767
I have seen them twice. It was fun and the crowd was quite wild.

The last really wild gig I remember was Vomitory.

To add something peculiar I have been listening a lot recently:

Last edited:
Top Bottom