• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I do like some female vocals every once in a while:

And that is Miss Heyzer singing what is probably the best known song from Sinister:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I forgot if this has been posted yet:

Hell of an album:
Screenshot_20220507-185601~2.png

https://tidal.com/album/125251670

Following EP:

Full-length to come this summer:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if this counts as 'choral crap', it's rather some kind of gospel with different styles of metal in between, but those metal parts are executed so well (better than many actual 'real' metal bands) this deserves a listen. Hard to pick one from the album, so here's two songs which are fairly representative. When that first song started I was like 'oh please no don't do that'. But then came the 10' mark and the devil revealed himself to me o_O

I missed that band completely until i watched "Metal Lords" on Netflix that had a track by them. My new discovery of the year so far!

JWAmerica

The best Pantera live performance online. Sounds truly excellent with headphones.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Well this is a bummer. Trevor Strnad from TBDM has died.

storing

Forum Donor
I missed that band completely until i watched "Metal Lords" on Netflix that had a track by them.
That sounds interesting, thanks!

I'm seeing them live in 2 weeks, pretty excited.. And it's with Meshuggah which for some reason I never checked out earlier. Shame on me, because their style is quite something.

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That sounds interesting, thanks!

I'm seeing them live in 2 weeks, pretty excited.. And it's with Meshuggah which for some reason I never checked out earlier. Shame on me, because there style is quite something.
That sounds great!
Last time i´ve seen Meshuggah live it was one of the best concert experiences of my life. I hope they still have this light operator - he was like a band member:

muza_1

The mixture of the heavy riffs with high pitched voice is a very curiuous mixture, they remind me a lot from Candlemass. For Japan, my faves are these guys:
Ningen Isu is often referred as the Japanese Black Sabbath and their influence is quite apparent in some of their songs but Candlemass works too to describe their sound.
Oh, I like Sigh quite a bit too.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Holy shit! Beherit is some of the very best Black Metal ever! Along with Archgoat, they are among the very best Finland has to offer.

Going to the south, this is what is on my system this afternoon:

Septentrio

Forum Donor
Holy shit! Beherit is some of the very best Black Metal ever! Along with Archgoat, they are among the very best Finland has to offer.

Going to the south, this is what is on my system this afternoon:

wow, didn't know those guys! :D

Top Bottom