• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Mix the best part of Eco´s The Name of the Rose with Black Metal and you get this awesome piece:

600_OHM

Submitted for historical reference about Motorhead ..

Probably old news for most but they were awesome on a show I loved - the Young Ones.

So when I think of Lenny, I always kinda mentally link it back to this where I first heard them.

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Just after Phil Campbell joined, which coincidentally brings us to a recently completed tour

Phil-Campbell-And-The-Bastard-Sons-UK-Tour-2022-scaled.jpg

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Yesterday I got the notification from Eisenwald that I have the new Panzerfaust record on its way. Here are a couple tracks from it:

Tassin

Band from my home town. Still love the brilliant intro as if it were still 1984.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
easy summer lullaby

I'm in a Coffin - Finally Happy

Life is too much…
On occasion
I take
I take the razorblade
To my wrists…
To my throat…
Blood shows me I’m alive…
Alive too long
I must die…
I must die today
Tonight I will be gone…
Alone and dead
In my pain…
Suffering…
Suffering as a soul in hell
Torment shoots through my soul
My dead soul…
I will never find peace
And in my eternal suffering
I am finally happy…
Finally happy
For I am dead now

dfuller

Major Contributor
Sleep Token has been doing things for me lately. Does it qualify as metal? Eh, kinda?

Also, Leprous.

The most underrated metal band
Primitive Man is absolutely music meant to be listened to at hair-blown-back volumes.

Raitsa

2 guys from Finland I know, playing their stuff. They both kinda wish they find a singer.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yesterday I got the notification from Eisenwald that I have the new Panzerfaust record on its way. Here are a couple tracks from it:

I ignored "Panzerfaust" because of the stupid name, but i see now they made some good albums. Just bought pt I + II of their series. Not convinced of III yet.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I ignored "Panzerfaust" because of the stupid name, but i see now they made some good albums. Just bought pt I + II of their series. Not convinced of III yet.
There are several bands with the name, some of them are (as expected), NSBM. Unlike the Canadian guys, those bands are not very interesting. These guys have composed some really good material. The last record, well, not so much. It's not bad (as Darkthrone's recent records), but not really great.

Jeovah-Jireh and Lucifer Principle are quite nice too.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Much more of a funk vibe than metal - but still enjoyed it quite a bit... which is rare (although I respect Les immensely, I've never been a huge fan).

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming...

Top Bottom