• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

thrash

(By Mr. Rotting Christ himself )

Spider

CD 1.jpg

storing

Forum Donor
Not sure if this counts as 'choral crap', it's rather some kind of gospel with different styles of metal in between, but those metal parts are executed so well (better than many actual 'real' metal bands) this deserves a listen. Hard to pick one from the album, so here's two songs which are fairly representative. When that first song started I was like 'oh please no don't do that'. But then came the 10' mark and the devil revealed himself to me o_O

ManuCV

Not sure if this counts as 'choral crap', it's rather some kind of gospel with different styles of metal in between, but those metal parts are executed so well (better than many actual 'real' metal bands) this deserves a listen. Hard to pick one from the album, so here's two songs which are fairly representative. When that first song started I was like 'oh please no don't do that'. But then came the 10' mark and the devil revealed himself to me o_O

Zeal & Ardor are amazing. This last album is good, but I like their previous a bit more. They have some killer songs.
Purists of the genre may freak out, but yes it's possible to mix gospel/blues and metal and create something truly good and special.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Something I mastered, for a change.

Top Bottom