• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
An eurasian curlew, which is threatened with extinction in germany, in the North German Wadden Sea.

I have them in the field next to my house 100ft away from the solway firth/Irish Sea, it’s nice to sit at night in the summer with the windows open and hear their calls….i also have a oystercatcher that sits under the tree in my garden……

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
DSC08314-Enhanced-NR.jpg

A little ringed plover looks back.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Not something one sees every day in northern New England...

This appears to be a "bobwhite" quail -- a southern species(?!). I am guessing (guessing, mind you) that perhaps it's a locally raised escapee. Kind of a Chicken Run thing, you know?
EDIT: Mrs. H confirmed with one of her comrades, a (now retired) director @ Mass Audubon, that it is indeed a bobwhite.

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
DSC08658-Enhanced-NR-3.jpg

A great tit that is apparently unhappy about what it has chosen for dinner.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
our two vegetable gardens are pretty much prepped for planting. In fact, lettuce, spinach, and potatoes are in.
Today I finished putting up the electric fencing to keep the varmints out. :cool:

Working on the small garden (3 raised beds, and some berries) behind the shed). Since it's seldom seen, here's a photo. :p

Mikig

our two vegetable gardens are pretty much prepped for planting. In fact, lettuce, spinach, and potatoes are in.
Today I finished putting up the electric fencing to keep the varmints out. :cool:

Working on the small garden (3 raised beds, and some berries) behind the shed). Since it's seldom seen, here's a photo. :p
What a beautiful landscape, what a beautiful place!
I love the countryside, the greenery, and above all seeing nature!!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
It's a Monday! High winds (80+ mph gusts), and the one tree that goes down out of the hundreds on our lot, lands square across the drive... Better than on the house, anyway. Spent the morning clearing the drive. Freeze tomorrow night then another little round of snow coming later this week. Spring in the Rockies.

IMG_7314.JPG

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's a Monday! High winds (80+ mph gusts), and the one tree that goes down out of the hundreds on our lot, lands square across the drive... Better than on the house, anyway. Spent the morning clearing the drive. Freeze tomorrow night then another little round of snow coming later this week. Spring in the Rockies.

View attachment 368077
Yikes! ::eek::(

CapMan

Major Contributor

View attachment 368077
Stay safe !

Top Bottom