• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
There is, to this day, a pay phone on the side of the post office in the little village of Meriden, NH. The post office is adjacent to the local snooty prep school, and the phone is apparently/ostensibly maintained for the benefit of the school's students. Not entirely sure I buy that claim in 2023 ;) but the mere presence of the phone makes the spot better known that it might otherwise be. :)

It's visible (barely) to the right of the window in this photo from google. :)
No booth -- who needs one in the fair, balmy climate of northern New Hampshire?

1701214417305.jpeg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...phone is apparently/ostensibly maintained for the benefit of the school's students...
Please input Schools ban students cell phones in your favorite search engine and filter it to the last 30 days...:facepalm:
Florida may have started it...
----------
There is a magazine (paper periodical) called 2600 and inside front/back covers always post photos of public phones, that are sent by readers.
Mine had appeared about
ago (w/missing mouthpiece/voice-coil innards).:facepalm:

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I heard the cell phone business about schools on NPR. :)
The photo above was taken 6 months ago, per google. I mean, google wouldn't mislead us, would it? :cool:

Where we live, we're more accustomed to find trunk lines.

1701215899121.png

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-11-29 à 18.28.00.png
ANNECY (pr: annsea) is a French town built during the 11 century by a lake shared with Switzerland...
The town is always full of tourists in summer... do you see all the restaurants ?

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Love road-trips but refuse backtracking on the return-leg.
202311_SomeTwistieRoad.jpg

No! It is not toothpaste squirted over a photo of a mountain pass!
Those who have watched TopGear TV series, may remember some of the 'greatest' European roads that they had driven on but this one - in India - seems wicked and could be fun.:oops:
"The Koli Mallai Ghat Road from Bangalore till the foot of Koli hills is a treat to drive on. ....within a stretch of about 15 km, a driver can encounter as many as 70 continuous hairpin bends, also making it extremely dangerous. No wonder it is called “the mountain of death”. Apart from the mythological associations of this place, one can also enjoy the dense, green tropical forests-a treat for the tired city eyes."
Once, I did a 3600 mile (6km) roadtrip to the PanamaCanal (on a m/c) and to this day, I still exercise my right to abuse vehicles and roads alike. [evil.grin]
Local favorites: Route79 (PalomarRoad), Route74 (OrtegaHighway), Route2 (AngelesCrestHighway)... weekdays, off-hours only.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 10.09.10.png

Night view of ETRETAT a beautiful town located in Normandy France... the arch in the sea is natural, not made by men...
Normandy is where the US army came from USA to help us during WW2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom