• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

3125b

Major Contributor
IMG_1985-EDIT.jpg

Some might see a certain beauty here.
Objectively it's (roughly from left to right): a chemical plant, an old spoil tip with wind turbines on top, a coal power plant and the infrastructure for it all.
Gelsenkirchen/Marl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 330674
Some might see a certain beauty here.
Objectively it's (roughly from left to right): a chemical plant, an old spoil tip with wind turbines on top, a coal power plant and the infrastructure for it all.
Gelsenkirchen/Marl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Good old NRW. NRW used to procude more than 20% of German GDP. Is it still the case?

3125b

Major Contributor
Is it still the case?
Yes, although in terms of GDP per capita they are slightly below average (21.6% of the German population, 20.5% of the GDP).

Hamburg has the highest GDP per capita - although there certainly are two sides to every medal:
IMG_1600-EDIT.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg

Both photos of the same city, taken within the same year and only a few kilometers apart.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mnemonics devices:
I started with ROY G. BIV and had not realized how deep that rabbit-hole goes down.
202312_Mnemonics.jpg
Uh Huh!
OT: Since I always had problems remembering the order of the planets, I had made my own.
"Machine or Vehicle Enabling Man to Jump Stars Using No Power" but then, they decommissioned the Pooch.:mad:
Turns out that there are more mnemonic devices for the order of the planets than there are for the resistor color-code.:facepalm:

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-12-03 à 11.13.13.png

in blue, the French Islands all around the world. Terre Adélie is a portion of the South Pole.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I'd recognize that bandito mask anywhere!
Peregrine! :)
Magnificent image.

(EDIT: Full disclosure: I typed Kestrel first... then, as soon as I went to show the photo to Mrs. H, I thought nooooo... you dope! Peregrine! :facepalm:)

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Plastic potato from Aliexpress...
You forgot to provide price and a link to the product. I think the purpose of those potatoes is for stuffing them in speaker port-holes.:facepalm:
202312_SiliconeBumpStops01.jpg
202312_SiliconeBumpStops02.jpg

I came across these at aliexpress that are made for/as door or bump stops.
They are soft, sticky and kind of squishy but at the price of $2/x6, I ordered 2 sets.
Stuck a set under the Intel NUC htpc, and the DVR inside the entertainment center to help [hopefully] reduce fan vibrations from each.
Cheap present to myself for placebo effect, even they are questionable solution.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Last edited:

amm

Amazing photo! What lens were you using? Did the cormorant get away?
Hello,
Thanks, I was using RF100-500mm lens at 500mm with a 1.4X extender and a 1.6X crop factor camera. I very much believe the Cormorant got away.

Top Bottom