• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

CapMan

Major Contributor
I'm jealous! I've tried to keep one of these alive in my garden, but it just ain't happenin'. This one is beautiful! :)

Jim
Thanks - can’t claim any credit , blind luck I think. It was planted as a mature plant and took a couple of years to establish. It’s a fairly sunny spot and relatively sheltered

I love Acers - we have an Osakazuki in the front which has crazy colours through the autumn.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
1700680877324.jpeg

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor

Well, I would have to tell you more about that. I occasionally buy ready-made devices even though I don't actually need them. They are mainly used for comparison with my own designs with the aim of surpassing these industrial products. That has always worked out well for me so far.

Nevertheless, these 300B amplifiers were a direct hit, they are really very well made and modern, you would hardly believe it at the price. Some colleagues from a German forum were inspired by me to buy it and you can see it as a success story, because there was a great deal of agreement among the experts who examined this amp alongside me. The circuit is classic, according to the 300B world standard, so to speak.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I actually like it better than some very expensive 300B amplifiers of famous brands in terms of technology, design and sound. They obviously took a little inspiration from NAGRA for the look.
Nice that you mentioned Dieter Rams, he is one of my design heroes. I have no idea what he would say about this example.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I actually like it better than some very expensive 300B amplifiers of famous brands in terms of technology, design and sound. They obviously took a little inspiration from NAGRA for the look.
Nice that you mentioned Dieter Rams, he is one of my design heroes. I have no idea what he would say about this example.

Yes I see the Nagra influence too naturally (those are a bit too pricey for an impulse buy).

As for Rams, yes the same for me. His designs, principles and influence are quite special.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Yes I see the Nagra influence too naturally (those are a bit too pricey for an impulse buy).

As for Rams, yes the same for me. His designs, principles and influence are quite special.
The enthusiasm for beautiful forms in design, architecture, and product development is one of my passions as well. Certain experiences, where I first laid eyes on things, left me positively shocked. Over time, I've had the opportunity to meet some of my personal design heroes for a small talk and visited cult places related to them. One such encounter was with Dieter Rams, whom I visited in Frankfurt at a furniture store showcasing his designs. I also explored places like Naoshima Island with works by Tadao Ando, although I couldn't meet him in person.

For instance, when the Cafe Costes in Paris opened, featuring a revolutionary interior design by Philippe Starck, I immediately drove 600 km to have a coffee there and take in the experience. I still have several design objects and furniture pieces by Philippe Starck today. This is just one example of several influential figures in design whom I admire. However, I must admit that I find the current state of design less appealing than before. We seem to be in an era of design arbitrariness due to CAD/CAM methods, where anything is possible and quickly thrown together.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Me, putting on my running shoes, because someone sells a silver Yamaha K-950 in my town for 30€:
1700255068824877.jpg

d396ec9d-5f7c-4612-b338-e0c84a65617b

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A christmas present.
PXL_20231123_120935274.MP.jpg

Apparently this is something people collect.
Its very fine ceramics, even the white translucent thing. And it's tiny.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Venice is completely finished. ...
Not so fast....
They heard your call and sent an EMT crew to the rescue.:oops:
No really!
It has been decided that starting in 2024/04/25,the lagoon city administration seeks to control the crush of the tourist that is expected to hit a record.
Day-trippers (aka ^&*@ tourists) will have to pay a daily entry fee (of $5.45), for the luxury of p*ssing-off the locals.:confused:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Not so fast....
They heard your call and sent an EMT crew to the rescue.:oops:
No really!
It has been decided that starting in 2024/04/25,the lagoon city administration seeks to control the crush of the tourist that is expected to hit a record.
Day-trippers (aka ^&*@ tourists) will have to pay a daily entry fee (of $5.45), for the luxury of p*ssing-off the locals.:confused:
That is far too little a fine, an espresso on St Mark's Square costs more.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-11-25 à 13.59.06.png

The postman's palace.... information below...
more than 300 000 visitors last year...

Tombeau_Facteur_Cheval.JPG
Capture d’écran 2023-11-25 à 12.45.30.png

This image shows the tomb that the postman built for burial following his death...

It was in 1879 that Ferdinand Cheval - 1836 > 1924 - a man working at the post office at Hauterives, France, began the construction of his palace - length 26 meters - in his vegetable garden with the stones collected during his tours. His inspiration comes mainly from his readings, nature or postcards that he distributes. The building's sculptures depict various monuments, mythological characters and animals from around the world. Hindu temples, Egyptian tombs, medieval castles, mosques, Swiss chalets, Barbary towers, these are the creations that make up the palace. The construction took 33 years. The picture is a small portion of the "palace"...
The postman's palace has been classified as a "historical monument". It will be kept in good condition.
During summer it's full of people from everywhere in Europe.

>>>

Attachments

• 7154.jpg
    7154.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 45
  • palais-ideal-du-facteur.jpg
    palais-ideal-du-facteur.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Marseille is a beautiful town by the Mediterranean Sea... There is a large port... most of the boats leaving France from Marseille are crossing the Mediterranean Sea and going all around Africa from Algeria, then Morocco, Mauritania, Sénégal, Ivory Coast, Togo, Cameroon, Gabon, to the Islands of Madagascar (the second biggest Island after Australia) and La Réunion Island. I've lived 2 years in Tchad, 2 in Togo and 18 in Ivory Coast. I've taken the boat many times, it takes a week from Marseille to Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
All these countries are speaking French.
The cathedral is enormous. It took 41years to built it between 1852 and 1893.

Capture d’écran 2023-11-25 à 21.49.42.png

Inside...

Last edited:
Top Bottom