• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Pont du Gard.jpeg

The bridge over the river "Gard", France.
Made up of 3 floors and 52 arches, as well as several hundred metres of tunnels, the "Pont du Gard" was erected by the Romans during the first half of the 1st century 2000 years ago.
It was carrying water on the top that had been drawn hundreds of miles away. The water was transported to the town called NIMES.
A more detailed study has concluded that this architectural treasure was built during the time of Kings Claude and Nero, in the middle of the 1st Century.
The Pont du Gard is a colossal civil engineering work, which rises to 49 meters high with an estimated mass of 50,000 tonnes and a volume of 30,000 cubic meters. It is divided into three levels composed of rows of arches: 6 for the first, 11 for the second and 35 for the third (47 initially, the floor lost 12 arches). The longest floor, the third, is no less than 275 meters long. According to historians, nearly a thousand men participated in the construction of the limestone structure which was built in just five years. While the aqueduct, as a whole, required fifteen years of work. The Pont du Gard is today one of the most popular ancient monuments in France, with some 1.5 million visitors each year... You get a ticket in exchange of 9 €uros a person...
There is a large parking...

Video :

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would this picture be considered OT, amongst all of the 'perty' scenic pictures?
202312_PertyUglyToes.jpg

:facepalm:

nobodynoz

Capture d’écran 2023-12-09 à 08.57.31.png

The arena of Nîmes a town south of France, was built by the Romans between 19 and 23 A.D.. They were intended to host spectacular shows and the chariot races that were so popular at that time. The work lasted 39 years. ... it was also used by gladiators + bad people where given to lions or buffalos... The arena is the best-preserved arena in the Roman world. It could hold 24,000 spectators in Roman times.
Today, the capacity has been reduced and the arena can accommodate 13,000 seated spectators.
The acoustics are phenomenal... I've been there many times..

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Capture d’écran 2023-12-09 à 11.31.43.png

For Chrismas you could buy a beautiful book from Sonia Sieff - daughter of photographer Jeanloup Sieff - who
has released a stunning collection of photographs featuring lovely, mysterious - and naked - French women...

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Do you know that the magazine PLAYBOY is published in French ?
I'm 71 year old and when I was 15 year old I used to buy it each month like all my friends...

Last edited:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Do you know that the magazine PLAYBOY is published in French ?
I'm 71 year old and when I was 15 year old I used to buy it each month like all my friends...
You could very well be an advertising ambassador for France. ;):)
Your photos look like nice postcards that people used to like to send from their holidays.

nobodynoz

Abidjan.jpg

Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Africa... Population: 6 321 017 hab (15 000 French people)

I was born in France and when I was 3 year old my parents moved to Tchad, Capital Fort Lamy, Africa and now called N'Djaména, and
2 years later they moved to Togo, Capital Lomé, a country by the Atlantic Ocean, Africa and 2 years later they moved to Ivory Coast, Capital Abidjan, Africa where we lived during 13 years... a country by the Atlantic Ocean with many elephants in the North.
I hope you know that elephant tusks are made of ivory...
So I went to school in Africa until age 20.
Then we moved back to France... and I found a wife and we live by the Mediterranean Sea.
Then I decided to take a trip to Abidjan with my wife. She didn't like Africa.
Abidjan is a beautiful town, image above. Still with my wife.

When I see the image, I'm seen myself driving there....

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
View attachment 332766

For Chrismas you could buy a beautiful book from Sonia Sieff - daughter of photographer Jeanloup Sieff - who
has released a stunning collection of photographs featuring lovely, mysterious - and naked - French women...
A question upon which to muse: would lovely French women be more or less mysterious if fully clothed?
;)

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I was born in France and when I was 3 year old my parents moved to Tchad, Capital Fort Lamy and now called N'Djaména, Africa and
2 years later they moved to Togo, Capital Lomé, a country by the Atlantic Ocean, Africa and 2 years later they moved to Ivory Coast, Capital Abidjan, Africa where we lived during 13 years... a country by the Atlantic Ocean with many elephants in the North.
I hope you know that elephant tusks are made of ivory...
So I went to school in Africa until age 20.
Then we moved back to France... and I found a wife and we live by the Mediterranean Sea.
Then I decided to take a trip to Abidjan with my wife. She didn't like Africa.
Abidjan is a beautiful town.
Interesting biography. You have experience in parts of the world that I don't know at all. I've rarely travelled beyond Europe.

nobodynoz

A question upon which to muse: would lovely French women be more or less mysterious if fully clothed?
;)
I think that all women in the world are more mysterious when fully clothed ...

nobodynoz

Interesting biography. You have experience in parts of the world that I don't know at all. I've rarely travelled beyond Europe.
I've spent 2 years with my wife and my daughter when she was 4 years old in Boca Raton, Florida, USA, a beautiful town VERY clean, where you feel safe in the streets at night... my daughter didn't speak English at all, she went at Del Prado Elementary school and 6 months later she spoke fluently without a French accent, this is what the school told us... Actually she works at AIRBUS, Toulouse. Speaking English is mandatory. She goes everywhere in Europe for her job, with an Airbus of course.

Last edited:

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
The Christmas trees have come to town. Photo taken from my kitchen table where I am enjoying the seasons first batch of homemade pickled herring..
View attachment 332988
I always find it interesting to see pictures from the living environment of ASR members. I also like to see pictures of real hi-fi equipment and listening rooms. It helps to visualise everything a little better and has a more engaging effect on me. Thank you very much for the photo.

EDIT: My wife likes homemade pickled herring. My cup of tea it's not.
We also like to eat such fluffy bread with a dark crust. We call it 'Swiss crust'.

Last edited:

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
I always find it interesting to see pictures from the living environment of ASR members. I also like to see pictures of real hi-fi equipment and listening rooms. It helps to visualise everything a little better and has a more engaging effect on me. Thank you very much for the photo.

EDIT: My wife likes homemade pickled herring. My cup of tea it's not.
We also like to eat such fluffy bread with a dark crust. We call it 'Swiss crust'.
Listening room below, and the lokal bakery where I buy the bread.

Attachments

• IMG_1555.jpeg
    IMG_1555.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1561.jpeg
    IMG_1561.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Top Bottom