• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, I mean the English. Shall we discuss the role of the French naval blockade or is it time to stop now?

julian_hughes

French lately described by certain ingrates as cheese eating surrender monkeys if memory serves.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
No, I mean the English. Shall we discuss the role of the French naval blockade or is it time to stop now?
We stopped about 1783. See the above painting.

We used available resources. The Brits used equipment made by Lucas.

julian_hughes

OK, you're right. A minority of colonists, who were not even a little bit English and who probably sprang from the soil of North America like beansprouts, with no Brit heritage to speak of, and entirely without the help of a French navy blockade, beat an army of unmotivated German mercenaries. Congrats. Actually isn't this a script for an old Al Pacino movie?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
OK, you're right. A minority of colonists, who were not even a little bit English and who probably sprang from the soil of North America like beansprouts, with no Brit heritage to speak of, and entirely without the help of a French navy blockade, beat an army of unmotivated German mercenaries. Congrats. Actually isn't this a script for an old Al Pacino movie?
We knew how to manage resources.

England didn't.

England lost.

End of story.

julian_hughes

I mean that "end of story" thing! My god it works! It both negates facts *and* pre-empts further comment. Gosh, are you a professor of linguistics? Or merely a genius? As well as being a technical expert.

Hello blocklist, bye bye ess eye why.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I mean that "end of story" thing! My god it works! It both negates facts *and* pre-empts further comment. Gosh, are you a professor of linguistics? Or merely a genius? As well as being a technical expert.

Hello blocklist, bye bye ess eye why.
Who says that Brits lack a sense of humor?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We knew how to manage resources.

England didn't.

England lost.

End of story.
In fairness to us we were fighting a world war against the French and Spanish at the same time. We had to choose between defending the Caribbean or keeping the American colonies. I mean who wouldn't choose the Caribbean? Plus it generated a lot more revenue than America.

Anyway according to that Mel Gibson film we were worse than the Nazis so we deserved to lose. Everyone knows Mel is a stickler for historical accuracy.

Don't forget we did come back in 1814 and burned the White House down. Although it wasn't called the White House then. Afterwards they had to whitewash it to cover up the fire damage, hence the name.

I used to go to Las Vegas every year to play poker and when they find out you're English the subject of the Revolution is always broached immediately. Nothing like a bit of trash-talk to try and put your limey opponent off his game.

No-one had ever heard of the 1812 war which does seem indicate that there's a bit of a gap in your historical education programme.

The unreliability of Jaguar cars was another regular line of attack, although at the time Jaguar was owned by Ford. That also came as a surprise to the indigenous personnel.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Coincidentally, I just started reading this before the whole revolutionary war reenactment broke out in this thread...

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 38982

ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))

I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the forum has got an international reputation in the audio world.

For now, I'm just curious to know a bit about the cartography of where the members are from (or actually located, for what matters). Some people tends to move a lot, so I let two possible choices. Of course, there is too many possible countries to list, that's why I simplified this poll to the choice of continents.

PS: For my part: Paris area, France, EU.
Well, seems like we've gone a long way... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...reaches-one-million-posts.29356/#post-1030400

Katji

Major Contributor
This thread needs auto-BUMP, like every 1-2 weeks.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know about you but I find it interesting that ASR members are mainly based in Europe. I would have assumed it would be North America.

Katji

Major Contributor
It helps with that^^, but "ASIA" is not very helpful.

Katji

Major Contributor
Europe? Pop. of USA is about 350 million iirc /if i remember correctly.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Europe? Pop. of USA is about 350 million iirc /if i remember correctly.
Europe's population is more than twice but North America is not just US either. Mexico + Canada have 210m people.

Katji

Major Contributor
Just back from looking at pop. figures. Quite interesting.
I do tend to forget that Mexico is north,...and in this context it seems that central is not applicable.

Luke Lemke

I'm Brazilian but I've lived in the US for several years in North Carolina. I love the US and I feel like I'm half American, but I came back to stay close to family. I've always loved music and I started my audiophile journey buying some used Beyerdynamic headphones com Amazon warehouse deals, LOL.

Really cool Poll.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom