• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
we don't really know where it is these days ;)... but geographically it is inevitable

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
we don't really know where it is these days ;)... but geographically it is inevitable
There are plenty of European countries not in the EU. Belarus, and the European side of Russia being as obvious as the countries in the British Isles.
Iceland is also in Europe, of course, and it is further west than we are.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Off the top of my head there's also Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Norway which aren't part of the EU. Do they not count as part of Europe either?

litemotiv

Azerbaijan is still considered to be Europe as well, and that's right above Iran.

MCH

Major Contributor
Yes, I see now that it's two questions which makes responding to the poll impossible for anyone that's moved to another continent

The poll results are really surprising because I would have figured at least 80% of respondents are from/located in North America which tells me that English proficiency in Europe is vastly better than I would have figured
I suspect that europeans are more silent precisely because of language barriers when it comes to post. Don't know if German/French/Spanish/... subforums were ever considered

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
what makes one of the interests of ASR is precisely the fact that it is international with a mixture of cultures and a single faith in science and I do not think that it is more successful with Esperanto than English. the creation of sub-forums with our respective languages would not be a success in my opinion

killdozzer

Major Contributor
When visiting Nancy a few years ago, I was surprised that the entire Blondlot N-Ray story was wiped from institutional memory.
:) I thought you knew the philosopher, Jean-Luc Nancy and was visiting him.

As far as cities go, moi, J'aime Lille pour son architecture sécessionniste. Mais je suis fou de sécession et je pense qu'aucun autre style n'a jamais été nécessaire. ;)

1637419545572.png

Katji

Major Contributor
Unfortunately, you need to post a reply to make this more useful, or more interesting.
...Asia is the most absurd - the honourable member could be anywhere from Sri Lanka to Mongolia.

Katji

Major Contributor
I suspect that europeans are more silent precisely because of language barriers when it comes to post. Don't know if German/French/Spanish/... subforums were ever considered
South American [countries] in particular less apparent. Less English language.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor

Katji

Major Contributor
I think it's usually a rule on forums intended to be international.
Also where there are many languages in a country. BCMTouring, India-based Bike, Car, Motorcycle touring, but not limited to India. Hindi and other vernacular languages only allowed in the Off-topic subforum.
Same is applied in South Africa - 12 official languages, you have the right to whichever language in the legal system but commercial websites need to be English. And Parliament - if you watch on tv and you don't understand English, the other option is Sign Language.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Off the top of my head there's also Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Norway which aren't part of the EU. Do they not count as part of Europe either?
My point was that England is in Europe like very many other countries. I didn't feel I needed to list them all.
I got an email from tis forum with a comment from somebody who turned out to be on my ignore list implying he didn't know where he was located because he is in England :facepalm:.

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
My last time there (maybe 2008-ish?), they were still not using EU currency.
But what do they do like the others?? even their speakers are "different";)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom